San Diego instead of Parris Island - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TOP............yanacek I didn't read your post prior to posting mine. Looks like we gave close to the same response........I wouldn't have if I bothered to read all of them before posting mine. Perhaps I was wrong when I told the young man.......Grandfathers and uncles etc, etc, were included...Semper-Fi

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    As an airwinger, I've worked for a female Staff Sergeant and a female Major. Both demanded an earned the respect as US Marines.

And on the rare occasion when I did not do my job 100%, they DID NOT sugar coat what they thought of my mistake!

Even if you go Grunt, you may be facing a female Battallion Armorer or female Sgt supervising you on mess duty. They are Marines, and you better darn well do your job to their satisfaction!

If your're just getting jittery, forget about it and go run 3 miles!

Registered User Free Member THATFEMALE's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    As a WM I can honestly say that your female counterparts won't be paying any attention to you. When I went to bootcamp back in 2003 I saw male DI's do the same thing to females recruits. Of course my DI's didn't stand for that. If you're doing what you're supouse to be doing than you have nothing to worry about. Be discplined. You won't be able to see female recruits long enough, so I guarntee you you'll be able to identify with your males. Every time we came around the males one of us had to face the bulkhead. As for proving themselves, my female DI's didn't have nothing to prove.

I think kungfu rider just wants to get some California sunshine.

Registered User Free Member Cheezballz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey Kung Fu if u'r mos is in the 03 field or if u go to division u won't have to worry bout them. I kinda 'had' the same problem. lol. but i went to San Diego. No 'offense' to WMz

Registered User Free Member B A Hall's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Are you a man or a mouse?I hardly ever saw a female period.When you get the opertunity it is like love at first sight.We were on a run & our SR DI gave us eyes right,it just didn't last long enough.If you want to be a Marine why are you so worried about a woman you will fighting insurgents and some might be women.Have you heard to many scary tells about the island?Most are true but you have to earn MARINE.If you make it Semper Fi

I went to San Diego, and from what I heard, Parris Island sucks even more than San Diego....non-stop rain, inclement weather, humidity, sand fleas...

Female recruits will be the least of your concerns

We haven't been to Cali, but we were at Parris Island. SuNmAN is right about the weather and sand fleas. The sand fleas are worse than the weather, In my opinion.

Exclamation

It depends on the time of year you go through boot camp, don't make asumptions unless you have been there or know ppl that have the knowledge and are on here to tell you about it, not word of mouth then paste it on here. If you think for anytime that you will have alot to worry about while you are @ boot camp then you better get it out of your system now cause you will have your brains racked from the studying and worries of your DI @ your heals or noes. If you get caught with the opposite sex, your done.

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/index.htm
    try this site..

Registered User Free Member earlz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If your worried about getting your butt chewed out by a female, your definately going to have trouble having your butt chewed out period. Boot Camp is one big butt chew, so you had better get an attitude adjustment. Even though its' a butt chew, the day you graduate and hear the same butt chewers call you Marine, well there are just no words to describe the feeling.

As far as Dago or P.I., as a P.I. graduate 1968 Plt. 2026 it is the only place to attend. It was becoming more Hollywood like though, 1st, 3rd Bn.'s had brick barracks, while my beloved 2nd Bn still had the condemed wood barracks from WWI and in the Jack Webb movie "The DI". Shake, rattle and roll fire traps.

The only advice I can give you is if it moves salute it, if it doesn't paint it Marine Corps green!

Good Luck and Semper Fi!

Earl Zainer

Earl Zainer........Sir 1st Bn in 1968 did not have brick barns. in 1971 when I was there only 3rd Bn had brick barns.........This I know for sure...........1st Bn. sat right close to the main parade deck.
    We used to drill @ the main deck all the time........I was in 3rd Bn...........and remember marching past the 1st Bns'......white,wood, rat infested,fire traps..

Perhaps someone else has books from that era 1968-1971 that can prove one of us is mistaken......If I am.......i'll surely owe you an apology....And Sir you'll get one...!!! Semper-Fi

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i have a question. my sister's in the marines and we are from san diego. if her son wanted to be a marine can he request to go to p.i. or will he have to go to san diego?

Originally posted by calikodiak09
    i have a question. my sister's in the marines and we are from san diego. if her son wanted to be a marine can he request to go to p.i. or will he have to go to san diego?
    Thats a good question......... I honestly wish I had a good answer for you........Perhaps a recruiter near you can find out the answer.

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

kung fu-
    just be happy that you get the chance to try to become a marine. either place you go you will get the same training. who cares if you get yelled at by a female drill instructor. a marine is a marine period. male or female. you do the same training. if your worried about it hurting you pride, get over it. unless you get in their way or do something totally wrong you probably won't see a female long enough for it to even register with you. you will be too busy training.

Thread Information