Marines or Airforce? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ah, the Air Force. A fine alternative to military service.

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    like i have stated about the airforce before..
    Aint
    In
    Real
    Forces
    Only
    Representing
    Civilian
    Employment

Registered User Free Member JAG5150's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    How do you even compare the Corps to the airforce, are they even considered military? What kind of ridiculous question is that, may as well ask Marines or civilian life.

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    LOL.. that is what my above post is pretty much saying.. I guess those that have to ask the question to begin with are not Marine material.

Damn...got in late on this one. Airforce or Marines? Night and day...black and white...up and down..left and right..thick and thin..good and bad..republican and democrat..vw and caddy..football and baseball..homo and hetero..male and female...Sparrowhawk and Shaffer. I think you get the idea! Semper Fi

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    Yup I got the idea ghere gbudd.. You are totally right on all aspects of that post..

I remember watching air farce pukes tryin to launch F-4's when I was in Yuma....took 5 of them to do the job of 1 Marine Plane Captain....we all used to hang around and point and laugh at the idiots....then when they weren't lookin we would "aquire"minor yet "essential" equipment from them! LOL

Registered User Free Member JAG5150's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I am appauled, a Marine aquireing equipment from other than the proper procedural way, I would have never guessed. LOL

I was sooooo filled with shame! LOL

Registered User Free Member Fred Pfeiffer's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Did anybody notice when this thread started?

December 2003 !!

This poolie has probably joined the Air Force by now.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the time that has passed.

Semper Fi

Ya know the canadians have the right idea about it up there they call it the Air Farce> We used to get the program on sat-tv it was called The Canadian Air Farce. And to watch it and think about our Air Farce
    (not mispelled) they are quite similar.

Fm89 got it started back up again...but you are right Fred, it was 2003...I e-mailed the poolie just for kicks...who knows, he may be a Marine?

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    Hey what can I say.. I am sick and cant read.. Its all my fault.... OHHH well..

Originally posted by R_Konieczko
    I enlisted in the Marines for a variety of reasons. Gaining rank wasn't one of them, which is why I refuse to take my recruiter up on his offer about finding more recruits and earning PFC rank.

Anyway, if you want educational ops, more money, easier lifestyle, etc etc.. Go air force.

If you want to go to war, join the Marines.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You must be outside your mind.

First of all this is a time of war and the Marine Corps needs bodies, so finding 2 people who are willing to enlist is you doing a service to your Corps and country.

2nd of all a PFC gets paid roughly $200 more a month than a Private (I especially knew because I was a PRIVATE) and that really adds up, especailly since we don't get paid that much.

3rd of all, if you're a Private, you get PFC anyway in 6 months automatically (barring a non-rec or an NJP in your books) so you won't be earning that rank anyway, it will be GIVEN to you for time in grade.

The only way I know of for you to "earn" PFC (get it meritoriously) is to graduate as company, series or platoon honorman or squadleader in boot camp, or be an outstanding recruit in general without holding a leadership billet.

OR

Be the honor grad at your MOS school (thats what I did), but by then you'll be PFC anyway so your promotion would be to LCpl.

I honestly think what you jsut said was the most absurd thing I've heard in a long long time.

hey i always thought the airforce had the right idea from the get go they sent there officers to fight and the enlisted stayed behind. hahaha

Thread Information