No More Scuzz Brushing on the Island?! - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Yep, get rid of anything that bothers anyone, the new society motto.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    The D.I.s took us to the commissary a few times. We all had to buy a bottle of Listerene. Thats what we mixed with water to scrub the concrete floors. It was always a joy to go out to the concrete troughs on Sundays and scrub our utilities. I especially loved starching the ones used for inspections. Damn things would stand up in the corner by thierself.

I honestly didn't expect this kind of response, but yes it is true. Fox Company last cycle was the last company to scuzz the whole way through. Vise, seeing as your a poolee haha you would probably eat your words on looking forward to scuzzing. It's not bad as people make it out to be, I'm currently in ITB at SOI Camp Geiger. My knees are perfectly fine, except for the occasional pain from an old highschool football injury.

It is still called Sick Bay, but our Drill Instructors called it Medical, so our whole company got used to saying it, but i know for a fact Bravo called it Sick Bay.

The expression Can O Man was used a lot at PI and even here in SOI I'm surprised people haven't heard it used more than they have.

Well I'm going to go study then enjoy the rest of my libo. I'll probably check back again in a few weeks to see the next couple of replies.

I can't believe this... Chesty was right in saying "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"

When I was on Island(even though, yes only a little over a year ago) my scuz brush was one my worst enemies there. We scuzzed at least 40 times a day and one time for hopping on line I had to hop around the whole squad bay scuzzing the deck, the whole time doing the duck walk. I still even have my scuzz brush somewhere around here, i think in my wall locker.

I keep seeing the new product from boot camp and they seem to be either more and more retarded, smarter but weaker, or just plain weak. Mothers of America needs to stay out of how we're trained

Credits
    Savings
    We didn't scuz the deck as frequently as it sounds some of you did. The times we did, my knees and back didn't bother me, cripple me or send me to sick bay.
    We used towels more than the scuz brush to dry the floor. That, to me was harder.
    What's next? Hold on D.I dude, I'm tweeting an update, chill man...geesh!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ward2010 View Post
    First phase platoons were in the chow hall talking about how they were so happy there was no more scuzzing so I don't know it seemed legit
    First phase recruits talking in the chow hall!! Are you kidding me! That was an offense that brought a punishment close to crucifixion. You kept your head down and ate fast. No time to talk.

As stupid as I thought scuzzing was you never complained about it. I had one DI that had us doing it for at least 2 hours. Yeah it hurt I already had bad knees but you kept your mouth shut and dealt with it.

Wether it served a purpose or not the recruits need to man the hell up. Its probably because of that damn mothers of america lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhd97 View Post
    First phase recruits talking in the chow hall!! Are you kidding me! That was an offense that brought a punishment close to crucifixion. You kept your head down and ate fast. No time to talk.

From day 2 (we didn't get to eat on day 1) until we finished boot, we were NEVER permitted to talk in the chow hall. You were too busy stuffing whatever food you could get inside of your mouth prior to the DI telling you that you were eating too damn much. Time alloted for eating was mostly less than time alloted for the three Ss! Talking? Laughing? WTF Over???????????

Quote Originally Posted by Ward2010 View Post
    First phase platoons were in the chow hall talking about how they were so happy there was no more scuzzing so I don't know it seemed legit
    Wait...... what?

1st phase recruits are allowed to talk in the chow hall? I don't ever recall being allowed to "chat" in the chow hall.

They weren't chatting, it's called being a disgusting new recruit who would whisper in the chow line because the lines were so long the DI couldn't see threw the clear bulkhead. If they would have been caught it would had been pull off your blouse and pray

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If they would have been caught it would had been pull off your blouse and pray
    What is the purpose of taking off the blouse?

Are they used as prayer mats now...or protection for the knees?

I can see it in 4 to 30 years a write up at a VA hospital on why a Marines back and knees are jacked up from military service.....

Getting statements to verify medical conditions to make service connection...

"Well doc...back in 2010 that scuzz brush and all that reaching up to take off my blouse so I could be pitted sure has taken a toll on my bones and body...thats how I got arthritis and degenerative bone disease....

Is it treatable....How much % can I get ?

Is that both knees....?

I have 79 other witnesses...if I can find them on facebook....

Used to be a sand pit in strategic locations for mass PT....if it was available...most of the time though....DROP where you were at and correction on the spot....fun times going back to the barn and the drill instructor call the PRIVES up to the quarterdeck or if you were special that day the whiskey locker.....for extra military/remedial instruction....

Damn...my knees and back hurts just reminiscing!

You take off your blouse when being quarterdecked or pitted. Basically any IT session. And it's not every recruit, my platoon did not have a single person complain to BAS about it

WTF? Really are these born in the 90's kids pussies? I duck walked around my squad bay for 3 hours finding ghost turds not being allowed to get up. I bet they don't even let you do the indy 500 anymore or deck towel. Whats going to be taken away next? Regardless times change and individuals get less hard, welcome to the real world generation xbox, sometimes when you work out your body hurts, its not going to be just your thumbs from button mashing all day. Suck it up.

Because scrub brushing is the one most important factor in making a Marine.

It's not like there's many other things that can be done like moving your racks back and forth across the highway with footlockers on top without touching the ground.

Thread Information