Possible stress fracture. Quick question.
Create Post

Thumbs down Possible stress fracture. Quick question.

I might have a stress fracture on the side of my shin. My question is will this get me discharged if i tell my recruiter?i can still run and do workouts. its just painful. i might just be parionoid becuase being discharged is one of my worst fears. I'm hoping it just a bruise. I am going to get it looked at next Tuesday after pt.

Quote Originally Posted by lake9 View Post
    I might have a stress fracture on the side of my shin. My question is will this get me discharged if i tell my recruiter?i can still run and do workouts. its just painful. i might just be parionoid becuase being discharged is one of my worst fears. I'm hoping it just a bruise. I am going to get it looked at next Tuesday after pt.
    Well, one, you should stop running on in and take it easy for a little bit. Two, you should have it checked out. Three, yes, tell your recruiter. You won't get discharged, but your ship date MAY be moved. A guy at my RSS full-on broke his ankle about a month ago - he's still shipping in March though.

I fractured my pinky and got a massive bruise on my hip two weeks ago after I crashed my buddy's dirtbike. Told my recruiter a couple days after I had it checked out and he was more upset that he didn't get a call from the ER haha. Definitely don't be afraid to tell your recruiter, they're there to help you out. Feel better man!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Are you sure it isn't just shin splints?

Your good, i had surgery on my freakin balls and im still shipping

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well I apparently am no good at all with a computer I tried to edit and it didn't register.

If the pain is on the front inside of your shin chances are you have shin splints. The treatment for shinsplints is 550mg of ibuprofen twice a day as needed stay off the leg and keep it elevated (to save you the trip to the doctors)

I just recently had went to the doc for shinsplints to get excused from an ist

If you take anything out of this post take this DON'T RUN until its better running on shin splints causes the fractures

Quote Originally Posted by motivated91 View Post
    Well I apparently am no good at all with a computer I tried to edit and it didn't register.

If the pain is on the front inside of your shin chances are you have shin splints. The treatment for shinsplints is 550mg of ibuprofen twice a day as needed stay off the leg and keep it elevated (to save you the trip to the doctors)

I just recently had went to the doc for shinsplints to get excused from an ist

If you take anything out of this post take this DON'T RUN until its better running on shin splints causes the fractures
    I agree with that. When I had a shin-splint on my left leg I couldn't run for about a month plus. It wasn't even the pain, it was the fear that I would further damage my legs. My recruiter refused to let me run. On the other hand, they don't just go away, you have to fight through it..so it may be good to take it easy for now (if it is a shin-splint you have) but eventually, you're going to HAVE to run, and the pain will be there, just not as intense. It's probably not a stress fracture though. Most likely it's your legs building up and you running too often or not stretching enough. Just take it easy for a while. I wouldn't go to the hospital just yet...that's just me.

Thread Information