i have a weight dilemma help me! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    What's worked for me is changing to food I eat. I've been losing 5 lbs consistently each week.

Carrots
    Grapes (any fruit really except Guava)
    Water (LOTS OF WATER)
    Skim Milk
    MUSHROOMS (filling and ZERO calorie)
    Lean Turkey
    Lean Beef (after a long run)
    Salads if you like that stuff (I don't)
    NEVER eat Pork or fried food
    yah i am gonna try that and will see what happens

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You can vary off that list a little, but make sure you keep to low calorie stuff

You can vary off that list a little, but make sure you keep to low calorie stuff
    yea i drink alot of water and i eat alot of low stuff

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    1.You need variety in your workouts
    2. If you're cheating on your diets you're only cheating yourself.
    3. Anything you could possibly get out of this thread is on the internet www.google.com is your friend.
    4. I'm not sure who told you running 5 miles a day is a good idea, because it isn't. Running is just like any other exercise to make gains you shouldn't do it daily.
    5.Alot of poolees have said to decrease your calorie intake, that is wrong wrong wrong. When you workout your body requires more nutrients in order to correctly function and recover. If you aren't listening to your body you're doing it wrong no one can tell you exactly what YOU need. Starving yourself is not how you lose weight.

And finally If you aren't utterly exhausted on the verge of collapsing after your workout then you're letting yourself down you can lift weights and run all day but if you aren't putting out 200% well I'm sure you get it

Stay moto man I'll let you take your new friend Google for a spin

Quote Originally Posted by motivated91 View Post
    1.You need variety in your workouts
    2. If you're cheating on your diets you're only cheating yourself.
    3. Anything you could possibly get out of this thread is on the internet www.google.com is your friend.
    4. I'm not sure who told you running 5 miles a day is a good idea, because it isn't. Running is just like any other exercise to make gains you shouldn't do it daily.
    5.Alot of poolees have said to decrease your calorie intake, that is wrong wrong wrong. When you workout your body requires more nutrients in order to correctly function and recover. If you aren't listening to your body you're doing it wrong no one can tell you exactly what YOU need. Starving yourself is not how you lose weight.

And finally If you aren't utterly exhausted on the verge of collapsing after your workout then you're letting yourself down you can lift weights and run all day but if you aren't putting out 200% well I'm sure you get it

Stay moto man I'll let you take your new friend Google for a spin
    yea i do weights and sprinting one day and then do abs and hills the next day.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Biking swimming anything that you don't do already especially squats, squats are in my opinion one of the best workouts you can do and they're usually overlooked make sure your form is perfect before you start doing them weighted

Squat form
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyjpz4jkjSQ

Another thing you can try (which in my opinion was actually pretty fun) you can afford it look into Insanity its an amazing fast paced workout if you give it your all when you're doing it

I myself used Insanity over the summer for the cardio and lost abit of weight I didn't know I had its good stuff

Biking swimming anything that you don't do already especially squats, squats are in my opinion one of the best workouts you can do and they're usually overlooked make sure your form is perfect before you start doing them weighted

Squat form
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyjpz4jkjSQ

Another thing you can try (which in my opinion was actually pretty fun) you can afford it look into Insanity its an amazing fast paced workout if you give it your all when you're doing it

I myself used Insanity over the summer for the cardio and lost abit of weight I didn't know I had its good stuff
    so yea i think at xmas time ill have my mom get me the insanity workout by time the 60 days is up ill be leaving for boot camp.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Motivated91 makes a good point with this Luis. I didn't mean you should eat NO calories, but if you look at the list it has low calorie foods from four of the five food groups, and since you said you were already eating oatmeal then that was the grains and I didn't really think I needed to add it too.

Eat low, but eat healthy.

Motivated91 makes a good point with this Luis. I didn't mean you should eat NO calories, but if you look at the list it has low calorie foods from four of the five food groups, and since you said you were already eating oatmeal then that was the grains and I didn't really think I needed to add it too.

Eat low, but eat healthy.
    i do eat healthy though thats the point

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Maybe you should check out the Marine Corps body-fat tables on about.com and get yourself checked out. If you have lower than that % of body fat you should be alright for shipping. We have this poolee at our recruiting station that's overweight, but he's ripped so he'll probably be fine. The Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps himelf is like... 25lbs over weight standards, but he's around 6% body fat so it's no big deal. I'd check it out.

Maybe you should check out the Marine Corps body-fat tables on about.com and get yourself checked out. If you have lower than that % of body fat you should be alright for shipping. We have this poolee at our recruiting station that's overweight, but he's ripped so he'll probably be fine. The Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps himelf is like... 25lbs over weight standards, but he's around 6% body fat so it's no big deal. I'd check it out.
    yea but im going to keep trying i have till march 7th

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    As of this morning I am at 199lb I havnt seen that as my wiehgt for years and its so motivational. and I am back on my diet which is a 1000 calorie diet. For me I have a while before I ship so I am doing pushups pullups and crunches only no weight lifting untill I am down to my goal weight, for me I think I'm losing weight just cause of the running I'm doing but you seem to be doing more than me so Idk just run more I guess if your body is used to running 5 run 7 miles

if you eat less than 1400 calories a day you're gunna gain it back as soon as you decide to stop eating only 1000 its called a crash diet. dont do it ive done it and the scale was spitting out different numbers every other day!

Quote Originally Posted by pooleesasquatch View Post
    if you eat less than 1400 calories a day you're gunna gain it back as soon as you decide to stop eating only 1000 its called a crash diet. dont do it ive done it and the scale was spitting out different numbers every other day!
    yah im not the crazy i do about 1500 to 1800 calories a day

Alright I didn't read any posts before mine other than your original one. This is something I know about. In January 2010 I weighed in at 240 could not do a single pull up, and lets not even talk about crunches and the run. Currently I weigh 204 and am getting strong overall. My current IST 14 pull ups, 76 crunches, and 12:02 for my run. Not the best, but always improving.

Now to get to you fellow fat body. Here is the deal, you need to constantly work hard. Cut out and reduce the junk food and beer. I used to drink all the time. Now I drink only 2 days a week during the weekends and truth be told I should even cut that out but we all need some relief.

You need to push it every pt. Every pt you need to lose at least 4 lbs of water weight. Drink tons of water, at least a gallon a day. Start drinking protein shakes. I use EAS whey protein. Breakfast is a protein shake (use skim milk as the mixer), 2 hours before pt take a protein shake, and immediately after pt drink a protein shake. PT 4-5 days a week.

Run a lot. Run some days for distance and other times work on sprints.

Also, very important. The scale is misleading. Guess what, you are most likely improving! You are burning fat, and building muscle. However, muscle weighs more than fat. Look in the mirror, take pictures weekly...you will see a difference over time. Also, it does take a lot of time to see a difference. Seriously, focus not so much on weight but physical speed, volume and intensity first. Then and only then focus on weight.

With increased fitness comes decreased fatt@sses. PT hard, and you will improve. You will hit weight plateaus as well. I was stuck at 209 for the longest time, but I was getting stronger, faster, and leaner at 209 that entire time. However, keep pushing and you will break out of a plateau furthering your fitness level. Don't get discouraged, work hard and don't take no for an answer. Do not say "I can't" do not say "I quit."

Work until failure and then remember that failure and work to surpass that point of failure.

Before I DEP'd in I had one recruiter trying to deny me from enlisting, then as I progressed that same recruiter tried to stop me from getting infantry as my MOS. Today I sit here 2 months out from shipping to boot camp with an infantry MOS. If I can do it, so can you. There is absolutely nothing special about me with the exception I am dedicated, motivated, and won't quit.

Now I will be the first to admit, I have days where I get down, depressed even of not feeling like I am progressing enough and fast enough...but! I continue to push and to PT. In fact, at my RSS I lead PT 2 days a week without the recruiters involvement (except to chew my butt out if I forget to make sure the ice blanket is ready and we have a water cooler as well).

And with that the whole reason those extra 2 day PT's started happening was because several others and I needed it. At first my recruiter led it, but as less and less people showed up until finally it was just me it became all my personal thing until I got a small crew of people to start showing up. Yesterday the most people ever showed up to MY PT. 9 people including me. This is my PT I lead nowadays.

Sorry to make this long winded, but I want you to get an idea of what you can do. Please just push yourself and be dedicated. You can do it. You have made the commitment, now work. If you want workout ideas to get strong PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thread Information