Banking Account
Create Post

Thread: Banking Account

Banking Account

This is kind of a tricky question, but Im hoping maybe some of the newer Marines might have some knowledge on it. I keep hearing that the bank account they give you at boot camp sucks and that everyone switches to Navy Federal. I also keep hearing that you can bring banking info and switch some time in boot. My question is would it be beneficial to go ahead and open a Navy Federal account and bring that info to boot camp? Navy Federal came to a pool function of mine and said we were eligable to sign up, but I had an account with Bank of America that was fine. Thanks for any input.

HA HA. No you cannot change banks while in Boot Camp. Learn to love Pacific Marine Credit Union and change banks after you graduate

Quote Originally Posted by il duce View Post
    HA HA. No you cannot change banks while in Boot Camp. Learn to love Pacific Marine Credit Union and change banks after you graduate
    O ok thanks. Thats why I didn't sign up when they came. I didnt really thought it mattered because you could just do it right after. Thanks for the quick response Marine.

Arrow

During the about 30 seconds of libo you get during boot, go to Navy Fed. There's one on base and they will be ready to help everyone switch. Plus, they have free phones .

They gave us a choice, at Parris Island, to go to Fort Sill National Bank and Navy Federal.

Dude I'd stick with bank of America there is one of those mo fos everywhere you go.

Thread Information