flexed arm hang
Create Post

Thread: flexed arm hang

Smile flexed arm hang

hello my fellow poolee's I was just wondering what I could do to improve my flexed arm hang I'm at 77 seconds but my goal is around 90 seconds or more. I can do 3 pullups and no matter how much I lift I seem to be on a pullup plateau? I heard if I can do alot of pullups I can do my flexed arm hang for a really long time but I cant break 3 pullups and hanging on that bar feels alot different than pulling yourself up to it then back down again. Any comments or tips?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Practice??????

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    theres no other way to get better on pullups than doing them

The last flexed-arm hang I did was 45 seconds (almost a month ago!), but I've gotten from 1 to 3 pulls up in about 2-3 weeks. There are some threads about improving pull ups; check out the Armstrong Pull-up Program, Recon Ron Pull-up Program, or... the other one in the Marine Mentor forum.

What worked for me was doing one pull-up, resting for 1 minute, then doing another one and repeating, until I couldn't do anymore. Then I would take an extended break and do more, sometime extending the rest period from 1 to 10 minutes. I did this until I reached 100 pull ups a day. I also have an assisted pull-up band, so sometimes I'll do a set of 2 or 3 regular pull ups, then put the band on and keep pulling until failure. Lots of push-ups too, they'll help strengthen your shoulder girdle immensely.

Just my two cents.

thanks for the feedback. my FAH is the same but I am finally at 5 pullups.

Quote Originally Posted by pooleesasquatch View Post
    hello my fellow poolee's I was just wondering what I could do to improve my flexed arm hang I'm at 77 seconds but my goal is around 90 seconds or more. I can do 3 pullups and no matter how much I lift I seem to be on a pullup plateau? I heard if I can do alot of pullups I can do my flexed arm hang for a really long time but I cant break 3 pullups and hanging on that bar feels alot different than pulling yourself up to it then back down again. Any comments or tips?

Pyramids for the flexed arm hang.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I wish I got to do a flexed arm hang... just sayin

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by NaMcTx View Post
    I wish I got to do a flexed arm hang... just sayin
    My recruiter has a hard time doing FAH and he can do around 13 pullups. Have you ever freakin tried doing a FAH? Come back when you have, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    My recruiter has a hard time doing FAH and he can do around 13 pullups. Have you ever freakin tried doing a FAH? Come back when you have, thanks.
    I'll give you that. I'm almost at 20 pull-ups and I'm the first to admit the FAH isn't easy. I can do it for about 60 seconds, maybe even longer but It's a hard deal. Anyone who says it's a piece of cake is either a killer PT machine or a liar. I mean, it's doable it's easier to increase the FAH than it is to increase pull-ups, but it's not as easy as it seems. That being said, if the FAH was the only thing stopping me from getting a perfect 300, I'd get it a lot quicker than if I were trying to go from 18 pull-ups to 20.

Thread Information