Gunny Sanchez Looks Back! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CH53MetalMan View Post
    Since I was born in 1960, I wasn't a part of Viet Nam. However, I remember being able to spot a Viet Nam Vet Marine from 100 yards away when I first got in the fleet back in 1978. They just had a walk about them that others didn't. And up close & personal they were even more unique. They stayed very even tempered, or almost unphased no matter what. The few that I knew were all on their last enlistment, and they all sort of regreted their last reenlistment, being unsure why they did it.

And even though they were only a few years older than me, it was more like a generational gap. One thing they weren't into was chicken $hit crap, they looked the other way when younger Marines had a few drinks with lunch, they didn't push rank.

For the rest of my life I will always look up to the Viet Nam Vet, from their experinces they will always be a bigger & better man (and Marine) than me.
    I for one, do not believe myself to be either a better or bigger Marine then any other Marine. I do know that those of us that were grunts in Vietnam do have a story to tell that is distinctly different from other occupations and our story, my story in this case, is worth remembering in order to honor those men who fought bravely and who now reside in our hearts and on the Wall.
    Thank you for being so kind as to mention what many of us take for granted about ourselves.
    Semper Fi

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Itry to vent, but i cant get big brother to accept my shct, but love reading all you all stuff, s/f.........................................usmc

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I tried again spend half hour puting my stuff down,push post it wont post, iam not ****et you got dick weed posting all over the place .no offence to you guys, dam dam ,you want to see my lighter i got from nam ,i found it over there it a army lighter . iam taken my marbles and haven a foken drink,.................................usmc

kaelobo,
    I have had my share of problems posting on other sites before. I write as I remember it and don't save anything or cut and paste, so when I post a quick reply and it doesn't work, I'm usually screwed, that post lost forever. There are times, including on this site, when I may log on and write something that may take over 1/2 hour or so and when I try to post it, instead, it says I am no longer logged in and asks me to log in again, with user name and password. Usually, after I do, the article or reply I wanted to post does show up where it was supposed to. Possibly this is happening to you and if so, after the same appears to you, just log in again and see what happens. Good luck and don't give up !
    Semper Fi, Scott

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Scott, when my daughter comes over i will have her show me , one day iwas on for an hour i was never on line .s/f................usmc

Thread Information