scar question
Create Post

Thread: scar question

scar question

I am going to meps on the 22 and 23 of this month for my medical screening and I have a question about a scar on my wrist. On my right wrist I have one scar about 2 inches long that I got about 7 years ago in school. Long story short I was taking some ram out of an old computer and had to pull pretty hard and the side of the medal case scratched my wrist. I never went to the school office, any doctor or hospital for this. There is no paper work what so ever. Only because its on my wrist I'm afriad they will think I cut my self. I don't have any other scars on my wrists and have NEVER cut myself. Do think it will be an issue or need some sort of waiver? I am swearing in on the 23rd if all goes well so I just don't want a setback. I have spoke with my recruiter and he said just don't bring it up if they don't ask about it.....but I know they will its pretty obvious in my opinion.

I'm trying to attach a photo...I hope this works:

Please advise Marines.

you'll be fine, just make sure your attitude is confident and projecting when your explaining yourself. If you sound like you'd be someone who cuts yourself, they might think your lying but if you come in appearing professional and confident and tell your story they wont think anything of it

I hope so, the more I think of it there is really nothing they can look at. My school dosent offer electronics anymore and the teacher retired. What could they even look at?

Is a "scar waiver" even a real thing?

Scars are no problems.I enlisted with scars on legs,abdomen and forehead.A total of 142 stitches.

Well sounds like others got by with worse than me, thanks Capital M, fespar, and dcb188 for the replies. I look forward to posting my shipdate in the poolee forum apon my return!

they will boot you from meps for that scar and tell you to finish the job next time..................

J/K you should be fine as long as you dont have a mental history

haha! Im good like that!

He is, believe me.

As long as you can legitimately explain it, it won't be an issue.

Thread Information