Need Some advice - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Look dude, we are not going to hold your hand, especially when you already made an excuse for yourself being in High School. Pathetic...

I understand completely Marine, I am trying not to use that as an excuse but as an image that I do not know what the hell I am talking about and need advice from Marines like yourself.

I'm sorry if myself being a senior in high school doesn't know all the ins and outs of the Marine Corps but I'm trying very hard to get a good grasp to know what I'm getting myself into.

Once again no disrespect to yourself and I'm sorry you feel that I'm a P*ssy, excuse giving, civilian, but I'm looking forward to proving you very wrong Marine.

Ryan

I find the best mix is finding a job you want to do that gives you job security when you get out.

Basically, the opposite of my MOS. I'm working on a lat move. Just seriously think this over, it's a big f*ckin deal.

F*ck what your parents say. God damn, how many of you kids on here have said the same thing, mommy and daddy will be mad! Who gives a flying sh*t! So what they raised you, does that mean you cant make your own decisions when you are 18. If you want the title Marine, and want to be part of the best damn brotherhood on the planet then go to the recruiter and sign up. If your parents are mad or threaten to "remove you from their will" if you go in tell them to f*ck off. They will come around eventually.

PS the bike is a 2010 CRF250R( I race for Honda of Troy support team)

PTSD too a certain extent is a mental weakness, a form of a beta male.

Quote Originally Posted by martinj View Post
    Easy with where you go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by martinj View Post
    Really? And from what combat experience are you speaking from?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Alright I made the first step at getting the chance to become a Marine.

I spoke with a recruiter and talked a lot about everything you could possibly ask about the Marines. Told him I'm very interested etc. He called my mom to talk about it while I was at school and I came home and my Mom had a different outlook on the Marines.

He explained stuff she didn't understand and made a lot of things clearer to her.

She is now way more supportive of me wanting to become a Marine.

I've gotten into a habit of running everyday, rain or shine. At first running was difficult for myself and I disliked it a lot. Now I run a couple miles without feeling the burn I did after 1mile.

After my run I (try to do at least 50 push ups) yesterday I did 66. And then do pull ups on the bar at the lake I run past. I aim for 10 pull ups but yesterday I did 13 so my new goal to shoot for is 15 which I think I'll hit very soon.

To my understanding Bootcamp isn't all about being physically fit but I hear it definitely helps.
    Anyways I know this section is for questions and what not so this will be my last post in this thread.

Thanks for the help once again Marines.

~Ryan

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanMcL92 View Post
    Alright I made the first step at getting the chance to become a Marine.

I spoke with a recruiter and talked a lot about everything you could possibly ask about the Marines. Told him I'm very interested etc. He called my mom to talk about it while I was at school and I came home and my Mom had a different outlook on the Marines.

He explained stuff she didn't understand and made a lot of things clearer to her.

She is now way more supportive of me wanting to become a Marine.

I've gotten into a habit of running everyday, rain or shine. At first running was difficult for myself and I disliked it a lot. Now I run a couple miles without feeling the burn I did after 1mile.

After my run I (try to do at least 50 push ups) yesterday I did 66. And then do pull ups on the bar at the lake I run past. I aim for 10 pull ups but yesterday I did 13 so my new goal to shoot for is 15 which I think I'll hit very soon.

To my understanding Bootcamp isn't all about being physically fit but I hear it definitely helps.
    Anyways I know this section is for questions and what not so this will be my last post in this thread.

Thanks for the help once again Marines.

~Ryan
    You need to be at a minimum level of fitness to ship to boot camp (passing the IST). Boot camp does brings you up to a minimum level of fitness needed of Marines.

However, you should strive to be in the best shape before, during, and after boot camp. PFT scores count toward promotions, especially to the NCO ranks. Being in PFT shape before boot camp makes life a little easier at the Depot since you won't be struggling physically.

If you go into infantry (especially), your fitness level will increase even more. Your life may depend on it.

I'm glad your Mom is on-board now. That makes things easier too.

Thread Information