Alopecia and the Marines
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Alopecia and the Marines

Alright I leave for boot camp in less then a month and I have alopecia (hair loss in different spots of your head). My recruiter and boss of the recruit station know and didn't know what to do cause it's not a disqualifying disease so we just ignored it until last week. I keep my head shaved 24/7. Last week one of the recruiters told me I need to grow out my hair cause "their gonna **** my head up when i go to get shaved"( he didn't know I had alopecia). I still have no clue what that means cause how can you shave a bald head? I figure the worst case scenario would be me just getting yelled at and I tell them the truth. I decided to just not shave my head and use Rogaine and see what happens. I haven't looked at my head cause I've been bold since the 4th grade, but after 2 days of letting my hair grow I've noticed I'm hardly missing any hair like I used to be. It's actually like 90 times better then the last time I looked at my head which was when i first had to shave my whole head. So I need advice A.S.A.P please cause I don't know what to do. And do you get time to shave? Like when you get 1 hour off each day?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you have alopecia then why are you concerned about shaving?

Shaveing what? Your dome piece? In bootcamp they didn't let us shave anything but our face. We got haircuts to zero every week anyway. But after boot, you can do whatever the fu*k you want with your head as long as it's in regs....which includes shaving it.

we had a couple homo's at boot camp with that. If you go to boot with a shaved head they will still shave your head and it will not feel good lol, especially since they dip the clippers in rubbing alcohol. Bald or not you will sit in that chair and you will get the clippers ran over your dome

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My hair still grows...-_-. I don't have permanent baldness. But thanks for the advice. It should be interesting what happens. Are you calling them "homo's" because they have alopecia or because they were really gay?

Kid in my platoon had it really bad, wasn't ever a problem for it, he just got called a naked mole rat a few times.. got a "haircut" every week just like everyone else

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I haven't looked at my head cause I've been bold since the 4th grade, but after 2 days of letting my hair grow I've noticed I'm hardly missing any hair like I used to be.

How can you do physical hygiene since the 4th grade and not look at your chrome dome in the mirror?

people with alopecia have the highest rate of homosexuality in the united states

Lol I wasn't drunk, just creative haha

While funny...it wasn't helpful. Play nicely!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I have a relative with alopecia. I understand and acknowlege there are different levels. In her case there is absolutely no hair. No eyebrows no eyebrows nothing ... not a speck of hair anywhere.

My take and I'm not recruiter is that you being somewhat hairless should not have any impact on your gaining service in the Marines.

Actually, I've seen a kid around Camp Lejeune with no hair. Not on his head, no eyebrows, none on his arms. So unless he shaves his whole body and wants to look like a mole rat, I think you'll be good.

Thread Information