Burial of SEAL protested
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Burial of SEAL protested

This sickens me. I drove up to the viewing on Sunday to pay my respect to Brendan's family. I was not able to attend yesterdays funeral..

Westboro Protests SEAL Funeral Procession

As if to remind the everyone of why they are appearing as defendants in a case before the U.S. Supreme Court Oct. 6, members of a controversial church that protests at the funerals of fallen American troops demonstrated yesterday along the funeral route of a Navy SEAL being buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

But as the funeral procession of Navy Lt. Brendan Looney, 29, of Silver Spring, Md., drove along Memorial Drive to Arlington a group of motorcyclists revved their engines to drown out the voices of the protesters, according to a report in The Washington Post.

Typical of the members of the Westboro Baptist Church, some held signs reading "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" and "Thank God for IEDs." The church contends that God is behind the deaths of U.S. servicemembers because the country has fallen into sin.

On Oct. 6 the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in a case brought against Westboro church leader Frederick Phelps by Albert Snyder, the father of a Marine lance corporal whose funeral Westboro protested in 2006. Snyder successfully sued Phelps and Westboro in 2007, winning $2.9 million in damages.

I am praying for a victory for Synder, real hard I am praying for this. I live just 35 miles from the Phelps compond know right where it is. We live with these people all my life and I am not alone in saying it must stop and now before some one gets hurt. Yes Freddy phelps wears a vest all the time as he has been shoot twice. I have never seen people so worked up over this some thing is going to happen I just know it and it an't going to good.

Marine Spouse Free Member USMC7DG's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I pray for the ignorant people in this country that they may wake up one day and realize their mistakes. The men and women in Arlington (if there are women there yet, I don't know) died fighting for their right to protest...and they use to protest against them. So illogical.

Friggin jackazzes.............

They need a good azz kickin!

Enjoy

Westboro "church": Head Crone In Charge

Let me see this b!tch at a funeral. I'd punch her in the face then kick her in her ugly ****. I'd gladly go to jail for that chance.

Dammmnn Back so you wouldn't do her first?

I can't wait until the ATF raids their home, I'll be sure to bring marsh-mallows.

Thats blatent disrespect to the armed forces. I hate it when whack jobs use the word of God to thier own and F'cked up means. Like Warren Jeffs and his a**hole cronies. May God have mercy on her black soul. To her and a**holes like her, its money that they take from thier misguided flock...that really ****es of God.

Now hear this Shirley Phelps-Roper is only one of the leaders, her father Fred Phelps, a disbared lawyer, is very much alive and is running the Phelps family. One of the problems is that she and several of her siblilings are lawyers she herself works for the State Dept of Corrections as an Attorney. They have a compond that covers one city block, Freddy never go out without a vest on as he has been shot twice now. God will someday judge them just wish it would be soon. S/F

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Now hear this Shirley Phelps-Roper is only one of the leaders, her father Fred Phelps, a disbared lawyer, is very much alive and is running the Phelps family. One of the problems is that she and several of her siblilings are lawyers she herself works for the State Dept of Corrections as an Attorney. They have a compond that covers one city block, Freddy never go out without a vest on as he has been shot twice now. God will someday judge them just wish it would be soon. S/F

It will be soon Marine. Just like that Jeffs prick. Would suprise me if an explosion happens at the compound.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Thanks Butch... been a long weekend. I stood before my friends. Brendan's parents, his two brothers and his three sisters. I paid my respects to a great young man. And this POS "church" dares protest the death and internment of a young man who went in harms way so they could enjoy their "freedom" How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Thanks Butch... been a long weekend. I stood before my friends. Brendan's parents, his two brothers and his three sisters. I paid my respects to a great young man. And this POS "church" dares protest the death and internment of a young man who went in harms way so they could enjoy their "freedom" How sad.
    Thier "freedom" is slavery. I bet controlling yourself took alot. Man I cant even imagine the anger you felt when you looked at the protesters.

this Westboro crap ****es me off, how dare they protest funerals of fallen Military. This should be a sacred and protected service under rules of the DOD. The Supreme Court should rule their 1st ammendment right to protest military funerals unconstitutional. It is an invasion of privacy and they have no productive part in the funeral. These people have a weak argument saying "the Military protects fags in the country", they are nothing but no good homophobic christians. It goes to show how religion can really mess people up.

Cmdr I can understand what it is like as for myself I have had to face the Phelps directly as a Law Enforcement Officer over the years it is not easy. You and others here may wish to look on the web under Fred Phelps Sr. there are several sites devoted to his bio. And yes I do dislike what they stand for and no I do not go around them anymore as it has become to difficult for me to not act out what I feel, jail just does not fit in my life right now.

Thread Information