Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Don't Get Mad Get Even

Revenge Is Mine Sayeth The Lord I Will Repay

Credits
    Savings
    Sooner or later they will get their com upems (spl). I hope it is sooner.

Marines. I understand with your history's you thought I meant "grab a M16 and blow em away." What I meant was take them on in court, hell if a woman can sue Mc Donalds for a $100 000 000 for spilling hot coffe on herself and win then a Marine can sue them for emotional damages, a class action lawsuit with the family members testifying in court. With damages paid to the family members of the fallen and to the VA post...ETC. I bet at least one Senator or govenor etc is a Marine or has a Marine son/Daughter. Recruite that man/woman. I know I'm not a Marine but evil thrives when the good do nothing. You all are LIONS. Use the constitution that many of died for and fight. No orders needed for civil lawsuit. You guys will win. You outnumber your enemy 200 to 1. There are many ways to fight a war.

You might want to look at this 1999 article to see how long this group has virtually terrorized various individuals BEFORE he took on funerals:
    http://motherjones.com/politics/1999...who-loves-hate

For those who wonder about his political party, he's basically a Democrat apparently (unless some such Democrat has "offed" him - he has impacted some political careers just in Topeka and at the State level).

For those not familiar with where many of the family (I didn't know 11 were law school graduates by '99) attended law school, it is Washburn University Law School which has a very high degree of respectability.

The unfortunate part of reading the '99 article, is that it shows there was an opportunity to bring out the "personalization" aspects of filing successfully against the group, and that "failed" then, so if the current USSC is to bring up that "direction" of argument, it just might not work - again.

So, IMO, attrition (either natural or not) may be the only way to get the more "enthusiastic" of the group to pass the "torch of torture" to those less capable of keeping the (in)flame burning.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    This sickens me. I drove up to the viewing on Sunday to pay my respect to Brendan's family. I was not able to attend yesterdays funeral..

Westboro Protests SEAL Funeral Procession

As if to remind the everyone of why they are appearing as defendants in a case before the U.S. Supreme Court Oct. 6, members of a controversial church that protests at the funerals of fallen American troops demonstrated yesterday along the funeral route of a Navy SEAL being buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

But as the funeral procession of Navy Lt. Brendan Looney, 29, of Silver Spring, Md., drove along Memorial Drive to Arlington a group of motorcyclists revved their engines to drown out the voices of the protesters, according to a report in The Washington Post.

Typical of the members of the Westboro Baptist Church, some held signs reading "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" and "Thank God for IEDs." The church contends that God is behind the deaths of U.S. servicemembers because the country has fallen into sin.

On Oct. 6 the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in a case brought against Westboro church leader Frederick Phelps by Albert Snyder, the father of a Marine lance corporal whose funeral Westboro protested in 2006. Snyder successfully sued Phelps and Westboro in 2007, winning $2.9 million in damages.
    Why not try a non-violent approach? Their congregation must have deaths from time to time. What if men in uniform began attending their funerals. No ruckus, just attend their funerals in mass.

I know this sounds really wimpy, but when I heard about what these people had done at a service member's funeral I had to stop and cry like a baby. It hurt so much that anyone would disgrace themselves and their countryman by behaving in such a disrespectful, hateful and disgusting manner. Something MUST be done to stop it!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BE19Pilot View Post
    I know this sounds really wimpy, but when I heard about what these people had done at a service member's funeral I had to stop and cry like a baby. It hurt so much that anyone would disgrace themselves and their countryman by behaving in such a disrespectful, hateful and disgusting manner. Something MUST be done to stop it!

I started this thread mainly because I knew the Lt. and his family. I went to the viewing the day before his funeral. Brendan and his two bothers all graduated from the Naval Academy and his two remaining brothers are still in service. In fact the middle brother is now at BUD/S following in Brendan's footsteps

If there is anything positive that can be taken away from this sad story is that this POS "church" didn't get their message through to the family. Elements of the Patriot Guard and others stood firmly in front of the "protesters" facing the funeral cars effectively blocking the vile hated they tried to spew

I want to leave you with this. It's the SEAL code:

"Loyalty to Country, Team, and Teammate
    Serve with Honor and Integrity On and Off the Battlefield

Ready to Lead, Ready to Follow, Never Quit

Take responsibility for your actions and the actions of your teammates

Excel as Warriors through Discipline and Innovation

Train for War, Fight to Win, Defeat our Nation’s Enemies

Earn your Trident everyday."

I have tried to hold my cool. I find myself enraged by the attitude of a group of people who call themselves a "Church." If they are right, which they are not, where is their compassion for the sinners of their world? If they are "Christian" how can they feel their so called rights take precedent over the rights of every one. Pardon me for being judgemental, but I do not think they are one of us (Christians). Please do not judge us by "them." We are a peculiar people, but not a phony people.

There I go, sinning again.

I don't understand what the hell goes through people's minds that they are so disrespectful to the dead. They do this in protest to what the military does? Why aren't they aggressive to the big guy with the big guns? People like that have too many civil liberties. This is a freedom of speech country, so write that garb in a letter. It won't get anywhere just like it's not going to get anywhere now by the means they are using. Karma....karma takes care of cowardly people like that.

I hear you all and I must say I am one who has had to face the WBC as a Law Enforcement Officer and could not speek against what they said to my face. So I can say to you all they are infact not christians they may call them selves that but they are not . The only thing I can say and have a lot is that one day they will be called apon to justify what they do now and that it will not be before a court.

I say you all make noise during thier funerals and masses. Fight fire with fire as they say. Make them regret they ever disrepected a soldier for freedom and honour. I think dcb188 would love to one of those re-inacting the fall of Jerico. Maybe you Marines should stand around thier church shouting OOHRA!. Let them all know that you are a Marine damn proud of it. Drown out the pleb preaching his lies.

Those kind of people worship so many false gods. My dad spent many days during the stand down with the Branch Davidians(Davidiots-as we called them) as he was a State Trooper. They are unpredictable. You get one with a little power and recruit 100 who can't possibly think for themselves and you have a huge mess. Don't remember who said it earlier, but it is a problem and it will become a bigger problem unless someone squashes it. They hide behind their bible...but bank on the constitution to protect them from sanctions from their blatant disrespect to a burial. They are not Christians. If they were, they would focus a little more on living by the golden rule.

I say stick about three times as many working hats on them and see who can yell the longest!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonL View Post
    I say you all make noise during thier funerals and masses. Fight fire with fire as they say. Make them regret they ever disrepected a soldier for freedom and honour. I think dcb188 would love to one of those re-inacting the fall of Jerico. Maybe you Marines should stand around thier church shouting OOHRA!. Let them all know that you are a Marine damn proud of it. Drown out the pleb preaching his lies.

Thats the way! Make it a day event! A re-union of every Marine or Seal or Navy. Get out beers, meat, a barbecue (braai here in SA) and some and have a great day. Lay the plebs under seige. Party hard for your Brothers and Sisters that cant join you. The winner of the roaring contest gets to chose a charity of his/her choice to give the $1000 prize.

Thread Information