Softees in the Marine Corps - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve018 View Post
    A stress card lol? U just whip it out like a soccer referee pullin out a yellow card? Tell me you are kidding.
    Stress cards are an urban legend. I have seen various threads on this sire that both deny/confirm their existence. Rumored to exist in the Navy and Army. I guess it is like a get out of jail free card. You may want to find out for yourself. But considering the Army doesn't require you to do pullups and they give you internet access at Boot, I wouldn't doubt the possibility of these things. Pulling a stress card in the USMC is a sure fire way to have a D.I drop you like a bad habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve018 View Post
    A stress card lol? U just whip it out like a soccer referee pullin out a yellow card? Tell me you are kidding.
    I wish he was

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeBogenrief View Post
    I wish he was
    Wish he was? So they do exist! Here's to joining the Men's Department. Even if ya flunk out of Recruit Training, at least you didn't settle for the branch that let's you take a time out. But the internet thing is a fact. I have a buddy who is in Army training in Missouri, and he just updated his facebook this morning. Now that the stress card has been acknowledged, I wouldn't be surprised if the Navy started using Wii sports to train their recruits.. oh wait... nevermind.

P.S Went on a run through Balboa Park and saw some Navy ROTC guys doing "PT"... to say they were powerwalking would be too generous.

http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

Huge common myth, that you'll hear being passed around at any Pool Function, that Poolees love because it makes the other services look like a joke and we can puff our chests out and call ourselves bad donkey.

A thing to remember about all the other services Basic Trainings... They're hard. They're certainly no walk in the park. Anyone who tells you otherwise has either never gone through them, or says that just to make themselves sound tough ("I went through Army Basic and it was a breeze, hardly broke a sweat"). Every services Basic Training presents a great mental and physical challenge. What so many motards out there don't get is that that's what makes Marine Boot Camp the challenge it is. If any other basic training was easy, and Marine Boot Camp the only hard one, that would make them "weak" status and us "normal, acceptable" status. On the contrary, every basic training IS very difficult, that's what makes Marines Special. Marine Boot Camp is even HARDER. It's a step above the normal. We are going to be pushed to greater limits than anyone else, we'll go through more pain and misery than anyone, we accomplish the most in our 13 weeks. That's what makes the United States Marine Corps the elite service of the US Military.

Sorry for the semi rant, it's just something that bugs me. People don't realize that by degrading every other service, all they're really doing is actually making the quality of the Marines look LOWER than it actually is. The other services are good, the Marines are even BETTER.

Hope I made some sense there without sounding too much of a motard myself.

On another note, that Marine Liason is awesome. Would love to see that kids face if he ever reaches Black Friday.

-Poolee Pike

Quote Originally Posted by Aitrus View Post

Huge common myth, that you'll hear being passed around at any Pool Function, that Poolees love because it makes the other services look like a joke and we can puff our chests out and call ourselves bad donkey.

A thing to remember about all the other services Basic Trainings... They're hard. They're certainly no walk in the park. Anyone who tells you otherwise has either never gone through them, or says that just to make themselves sound tough ("I went through Army Basic and it was a breeze, hardly broke a sweat"). Every services Basic Training presents a great mental and physical challenge. What so many motards out there don't get is that that's what makes Marine Boot Camp the challenge it is. If any other basic training was easy, and Marine Boot Camp the only hard one, that would make them "weak" status and us "normal, acceptable" status. On the contrary, every basic training IS very difficult, that's what makes Marines Special. Marine Boot Camp is even HARDER. It's a step above the normal. We are going to be pushed to greater limits than anyone else, we'll go through more pain and misery than anyone, we accomplish the most in our 13 weeks. That's what makes the United States Marine Corps the elite service of the US Military.

Sorry for the semi rant, it's just something that bugs me. People don't realize that by degrading every other service, all they're really doing is actually making the quality of the Marines look LOWER than it actually is. The other services are good, the Marines are even BETTER.

On another note, that Marine Liason is awesome. Would love to see that kids face if he ever reaches Black Friday.

-Poolee Pike
    Well said, makes me think twice next time about telling friends what the other branches boot camps are like

Although this is sad that people like that want to be in the Corps. Look on the bright side. Can you even contemplate how funny it would be to have him in your platoon at boot camp? Aside from getting IT'd for his mistakes, it would be hilarious to see him interact with a drill instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gale View Post
    Although this is sad that people like that want to be in the Corps. Look on the bright side. Can you even contemplate how funny it would be to have him in your platoon at boot camp? Aside from getting IT'd for his mistakes, it would be hilarious to see him interact with a drill instructor.

Would be funny, But the Drill instructors would make us pay for his ****.

-Poolee Pike
    Thanks for clearing that up. While the idea of the "stress card" is amusing, it has always been one I took with a grain of salt. The idea has merit, but I guess now we can all put the matter to rest.

WOW. . .What a disrespectful child. . .Someone's parents didn't enforce discipline and obedience. . .

A friend of mine is a Marine told me that they had stress cards but that it took a lot for anyone to even think about pulling it because the Drill Instructors would just IT the sh!t out of you after they left you alone.

That is a Marine*

Couldn't of said that any better. That was always one thing that bugged me. But back on subject, I can't believe that someone would really say that to the Marine. Not going to lie that dumb f*** had some damn balls, but he is a dumb f*** for that. I wonder if he ever came back to process for the USMC or if he just stuck with the Navy.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't trust everything you read. A Marine going to another branch will not have to do their basic. Not so the other way. There is a reason for that. Most likely, the Marine couldn't put up with all that comedy.........Think about it.

I think you left out the part where the Marine beat some respect into him.

Quote Originally Posted by jc8791 View Post
    Couldn't of said that any better. That was always one thing that bugged me. But back on subject, I can't believe that someone would really say that to the Marine. Not going to lie that dumb f*** had some damn balls, but he is a dumb f*** for that. I wonder if he ever came back to process for the USMC or if he just stuck with the Navy.
    The world will never know . I think he hauled him to the Navy office just to call him out for being a little wimp who couldn't stand getting his feelings hurt. We'll never know if he actually went to the Navy, but I think that Marine probably scared him from the USMC for good.

Thread Information