Broken Femur
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Femur

Broken Femur

When I was 8 I was playing hockey and I guess I fell and did the splits and some kid fell on top of my leg and broke my femur. I need surgery and had 6 screws put in and 5-7 months later I got the screws taken out. I do not have a problem doing anything. The leg that I broke does not hold me back in anyway and I still am playing hockey. So my question is, will me breaking my femur and needing surgery get me DQ from joining?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyrebel7 View Post
    When I was 8 I was playing hockey and I guess I fell and did the splits and some kid fell on top of my leg and broke my femur. I need surgery and had 6 screws put in and 5-7 months later I got the screws taken out. I do not have a problem doing anything. The leg that I broke does not hold me back in anyway and I still am playing hockey. So my question is, will me breaking my femur and needing surgery get me DQ from joining?
    If you have no lingering problems, likely no worries. However, you may need a medical waiver. Only a recruiter can tell you for sure.

if you have no plates.screws etc you are fine

Medical waiver though. Check with a recruiter.

I am not a fan of the crappy ridiculous waivers personally. If you don't tell them they will never ever know, so I wouldn't say crap about it personally. But that's just me.

But if I say nothing about it and they find out about it I get in trouble for lying about something that doesnt effect me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyrebel7 View Post
    But if I say nothing about it and they find out about it I get in trouble for lying about something that doesnt effect me.

I hate to contradict motox151, but he is expressing his personal opinion only. It's your life that gets screwed up if the Corps finds out you lied, not his.

The vast majority of Marines here encourage you to tell the 100% truth to your recruiter, even if that causes extra work for you. That kind of surgical repair still "leaves marks," so to speak, internally and externally. So, it is very possible you will be snagged at MEPS if you don't tell your recruiter.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    So, it is very possible you will be snagged at MEPS if you don't tell your recruiter.
    You will get caught.....if you don't tell....

MEPS makes you strip down to your birthday suit and then the docs get up close and personal.

I would tell them. It is kinda noticable for the fact I have a scar that goes from my hip down to my knee...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Some things you can ignore,,,,, That scar, you can't. If you were a past bed wetter, I'd say hide it. I didn't tell my knees were screwed from football. I made it. My brother didn't tell and he was kicked out in boot.

Long,,,, Long Ago,,,,,,,,,

Yes I agree any Marine telling someone that they should not say anything is wrong. Plus as someone else said that kind of injury, and the procedure following is guaranteed to leave some sort of scar. Not disclosing full information upon enlistment is lying, and it is with out a doubt fraudulent enlistment. MotoX if your going to give advice make sure its good advice, just my opinion on the matter. This is not the first time you told a kid to not say anything about past medical conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    You will get caught.....if you don't tell....

MEPS makes you strip down to your birthday suit and then the docs get up close and personal.

"Bend over and spread your cheeks"

"Ahhh what..?"

NOT telling is, I'll tell you flat out, stupid.

As a 'for example'. You have (fill in the blank, something not detectable to the 'naked' eye) medical condition that is 'cured/fixed/hasn't recurred in 10 years'. All of a sudden in recruit training/SOI/MOS school....that condition decides to make a re-appearance. If it's a broken limb, the MRI/X-ray etc will reveal the previously broken condition. If it's something else, rest assured, the military will go back to MEPS, then to your family doctor, in an attempt to locate a pre-existing condition, to assist in the diagnosis/treatment of said condition. They are NOT doing this to hose you but because it's STANDARD MEDICAL PRACTICE to get a 'case history' on the patient. They are also required to do 'due diligence' in treatment (Medical ethics). Now, when they do that, and discover something in your past you LIED ABOUT/"FORGOT" ABOUT/NEGLECTED TO INFORM THEM ABOUT....

Say goodbye to the Marine Corps and hello to Barber college, with a "False Enlistment" discharge.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Dem MEPS doctors...knows ALL about dem bones.....

Dry Bones
    Written By: Unknown, Copyright Unknown

Ezekiel cried, "Dem dry bones!"
    "Oh, hear the word of the Lord."

The toe bone connected to the heel bone,
    The heel bone connected to the foot bone,
    The foot bone connected to the leg bone,
    The leg bone connected to the knee bone,
    The knee bone connected to the thigh bone,
    The thigh bone connected to the back bone,
    The back bone connected to the neck bone,
    The neck bone connected to the head bone,
    Oh, hear the word of the Lord!

Dem bones, dem bones gonna walk aroun'
    Dem bones, dem bones, gonna walk aroun'
    Dem bones, dem bones, gonna walk aroun'
    Oh, hear the word of the Lord.

The head bone connected to the neck bone,
    The neck bone connected to the back bone,
    The back bone connected to the thigh bone,
    The thigh bone connected to the knee bone,
    The knee bone connected to the leg bone,
    The leg bone connected to the foot bone,
    The foot bone connected to the heel bone,
    The heel bone connected to the toe bone,
    Oh, hear the word of the Lord!

Quote Originally Posted by motox151 View Post
    I am not a fan of the crappy ridiculous waivers personally. If you don't tell them they will never ever know, so I wouldn't say crap about it personally. But that's just me.
    The Drill Instructor didn't notice the recruit falling and stumbling to the yellow footprints,the recruit had a waiver and had forgotten his white cane and seeing eye dog.

Maybe the 2 brothers who didn't have collar bones and could touch their shoulders together,"they might make good tunnel rats", with waivers.

Thread Information