M.e.p.s.
Create Post

Thread: M.e.p.s.

M.e.p.s.

is M.E.P.S. really like crazy strict like alot of people say? like if you cough, they will send you home or something? if so, what are some of the things i should be careful of doing there? and how long do you have to wait?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You baaasically have to wait for forever. I went there twice, once to do my Med Screening, the other to take the oath. Both times I was waiting for about 6 hours, with nothing to do but watch a marathon on the same show. Nothing is that bad. You have to do a maneuver where you drop from a standing position to your knees. You'll be in just boxers, and the floor is cold. Don't wince, because the doctor will think you're hurt, and will start to ask questions. If it does hurt, just suck it up. Mostly, it's just cold. So suck it up. You also have to do a duck walk. Just do it right the first time. Don't attract a lot of attention. If you can, bring a buddy. It gets pretty boring, and cell phones aren't allowed. Each time, I was there from about 5:30 to about 3 or 4PM. It's a long time, but it's worth it. Get up in time in the morning, have some food (The food at MEPS in Seattle sucked) and just try to ignore the time. It goes by faster that way. The doctors truly aren't that bad. If you say one thing, stick with it. Don't change your story later. The Gunny will ***** you out, and will threaten to put you in jail for 5 years, $200,000 blah blah blah. He just tries to weed out the little beeatches.

Don't worry about it.

No one spells it like 'm.e.p.s', and no, its not a big deal.

Thread Information