Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    and no the alcohol hasnt killed them yet either

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Are you in uniform?

Nope, but when I pass out I Will pass out at attention like a good Marine.

heck when i was on I&I the staff all when down to the local pub for lunch and we had a few beers to wash it down an if we were in utities (before cemmies) no big deal

There are a few named quotes that are similar, but this one is pretty much to the point.

"Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it was some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts to ungentlemanly lengths, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he was a god, and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They'll fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action, and are the cockiest SOB's I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond man's normal limits, but their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and , generally speaking, of the United States Marines I've come in contact with, are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have had the pleasure to meet."
    ~ An Anonymous Canadian Citizen

Summed up, Marines tend to do EVERYTHING 150%; or more when it's needed.

If those boys were drinking a glass of beer over dinner, they were just getting prepped for the evenings festivities.

UCMJ has rules. I think you'll find, in most companies, "out of control in uniform" is the standard.

And something EVERY 03 learns.

Never stand when you can sit. Never sit when you can lay down. Eat and drink every chance you get.

Do all of them as well as you can.

How do you know what the working hours are of those you are observing?

Maybe they just got off duty/work. Not everybody works 9-5.

For real. Got off the range in Okinawa and went to the Globe to get drunk, still in uniform, sleeves down. No one said anything. They knew what was good for them.... Haha kidding.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Guard duty on Camp Courtney. The chow hall was being remodeled so chow was served at the e-club. The supper meal you could have two beers with your meal then after that you had to pay for any more. Took about a month for the powers that be to discover that we were going straight from the front gate to the e-club for evening chow. Wouldn't be such a big deal except some colonel wanted to know why a couple of Marines in alphas were standing at the bar with loaded .45's drinking beer LOL. After that we had to haul ass to the guard shack and turn in our weapons then haul ass back to the e-club for evening chow.

Who'd a thunk it .... standing there in your alphas drinking beer and eating chow.

Thread Information