19 year old Mississippi Marine dies
Create Post

19 year old Mississippi Marine dies

This young man was from the town next to mine. I was not fortunate enough to know him but I will be there to pay my respects,

RIP Marine you will not be forgotten.

(Hernando, MS 09/21/2010) When Joshua Ose graduated from Hernando High School last year he knew he was going to be a Marine. He knew he wanted to be a part of the infantry and he knew he'd probably have to go to war.
    Josh's Pastor, Robert "Chip" Hatcher, recently saw him. Josh was in Hernando visiting family before he was to start his tour in Afghanistan. He came to church in his dress blues.
    "You always send somebody off with the hopes that they're going to come home and have a lot of stories to tell. Unfortunately, we won't be able to hear those stories from Josh."
    Sunday, Josh was hit by small arms fire while on foot patrol in Afghanistan. He died as he was being airlifted to a field hospital. The 19-year old Marine was two weeks into his tour.
    "He believed in what the Marine Corps was about. He believed in the mission, as controversial as it may be, and he knew somebody needed to go over there and do a good job. He thought he could do that."
    Word that Ose died in the line of duty is quickly spreading around Hernando. His neighbor, James Oliver, remembers the pride Ose had about becoming a Marine.
    "He said he wanted to be a Marine. He wanted to do his share. This is really a tragic loss. Unfortunately he's the only child the family had," said Oliver.
    Those who know Ose say he died doing what he loved and to them he's a hero.
    "In that I feel the love that Josh had for his home, for his church, his community and especially his country," said Pastor Hatcher.
    Funeral arrangements have not been made.
    PFC Ose would have turned 20 years old in October.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-marine...,2163658.story

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIP, Marine.

Oorah (Pfc-Lcpl) Josh Ose !

RIP Marine, Semper Fidelis.

R.I.P. MARINE we will not forget you ever !!!

RIP Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    RIP Marine PFC J.OSE......"SEMPER-FI"

R.I.P. Marine ! Your brothers will never forget !

Rest In Peace Josh. May God Richley Bless And Watch Over Your Family

May God Craddle You In His Arms

Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm 3 Fmf

RIP Brother

SEMPER FIDELIS

The thing about us Marines it that we are perfectly fine with dying for what we love to do, and that's being Marines in general and letting the world know were not a force to be dealt with. The true heroes among us are the ones who give the ultimate sacrifice, and that is what PFC Ose is, a true hero. Semper Fi and may you guard the gates of heaven with the rest of our fallen brothers. OORAH!

Credits
    Savings
    RIP Marine. Prayers out to family and friends.

Thread Information