What are some MOS's that translate well into the civilian world? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I really enjoyed 0231. One good thing, that TS clearance is worth big bucks in the civvie world if you want to go that route.

If you like talking to people and doing a LOT of research, that's the job for you. There's a thread on it here, just run a search.
    Wow thanks i just read it, I love talking to people, And im taking psychology and a researching class at a local college right now and i love it. Seems like something i can enjoy and fall back on if i want to continue doing that if/when i decide to leave the Corps.

Seeing you did Intel anything or any tips you can lend me for this field? How was the schooling?

The newer Marines will have far better 'Intel' than I do. It's been long years for me since I did it and much has changed. That thread is what you want, has the most current 'gouge'.

All MOS' are applicable to civilian life, it is the individuals work ethic that counts. (Just by "passing" the Corps standards shows you have what it takes to excel in any field).

Get-Er-Done

Gee..based on your Avatar that's not a big surprise. LOL. Is that a converted Hummvee? Looks pretty bad.
    Haha, well it's more of a specialized Hummvee. The base Fire department at Pendleton uses it, and so did the department at Yuma when I was there. I'm sure some of the other bases probably have them too. Only red Hummvees in the Corps.

They are pretty cool

Its not the MOS its what you do with it. Infantry guys get out and some work at Walmart others own their own security businesses where they provide protection for people with more money than time. Go with what your interested in because the secret to success is to make what you enjoy the job everyone needs done. Don't tell anyone I told you it's a secret. I personally find that a security clearance is very handy when seeking employment as they aren't otherwise easy to come by.

Thanks Cpl Burke! I'd love to see closeup pics of that if you have 'em.

(Sorry for the de-rail)

Thanks Cpl Burke! I'd love to see closeup pics of that if you have 'em.

(Sorry for the de-rail)
    Well here is a link of the closeup picture I have of it in my album. It's the same one as my avatar, but its a better bigger picture. I have some others of it, but I'd have to fish them out and scan them onto the computer.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/al...ictureid=12590

VERY cool! Thanks! That's a neat vehicle LOL

Thread Information