My First Poolee Function?
Create Post

My First Poolee Function?

Hello to all Marines. I just a couple days ago swore in and now im in the DEP and will be leaving 03032011. My recruiter has asked me to come join in these Poolee Meetings, i just said yes to him not knowing what the hell i just signed up for. and im not really educated on them and have no idea what happens.

Can any Marines shed some light on this subject? Sorry for the stupid question

You'll be motivated, do some pt and maybe learn some bootcamp sh!t....

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    You'll be motivated, do some pt and maybe learn some bootcamp sh!t....
    Well said. Maybe once a month or so you'll do "team building" for the poolie function and go bowling or something like that. At least that's what we did back when I was a poolie.

I don't know, never wasted my time with that bull sh!t

It was actually fun and challenging at the same time.

we did the IST, then ran in formation about another mile until we got to a football field. We did the CFT and some course they made up where i do the firemen's carry, bear crawl other excercises etc.... alot of kids were throwing up at the end of the poolee function over here. it also kicked my well you know...
    Then some Pvt's fresh out of boot talked to us, a Sergeant Major was their and talked about his experiences about it and i met some other kids. All in all it was a fun day but ive never been sore so bad in my life.

I will forever know what a Poolee Function is now.. haha thanks Marines take care.

Last edited by CharlyMurphy; 09-18-10 at 02:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information