heavy set guy
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heavy set guy

heavy set guy

i was wondering about going into boot with a little weight on me im about 200 i wanted to know will i be put into a special group or basically how is it for a heavier guy im not lazy or anything i can handle my own do the crunches and the 1.5 run but the pull up's is another story. what should i expect pretty much?
    and im a great swimmer i wanted to know whats the highest you can go in boot camp in the water survival course?

Your Drill Instructors will probably give you extra attention but other than that it's nothing special. The highest Swim Qual. you can get in boot camp is 2.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    if you can pass your IST you will have no worries...at least 50 crunches, 12 minute 1.5 mile run, and something like at least 5 pull ups.

thanks 4 the info so i'll be pretty much with everyone else what are the most common reason drop out of boot camp

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    there are no reasons to drop out of boot camp because you can't, only way to get off that depot is as a Marine or dieing. DI's are there to make you and the other recruits into Marines, not to get you to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by madman1042002 View Post
    i was wondering about going into boot with a little weight on me im about 200 i wanted to know will i be put into a special group or basically how is it for a heavier guy im not lazy or anything i can handle my own do the crunches and the 1.5 run but the pull up's is another story. what should i expect pretty much?
    and im a great swimmer i wanted to know whats the highest you can go in boot camp in the water survival course?
    Don't worry, you'll loose the extra. I was at the other end of the scale.

Just when you get the added attention, keep in mind...

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
    RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995

Think of yourself as a Rottweiler, till you earn the title Marine.

Try taking some of that weight off "before" you go to boot camp. It'll be much easier on yourself.

thanks too all of you for your help i feel a whole lot more better that even with a little extra weight that i wouldn't be kicked out of boot camp for it i know for sure i will lose the weight and push myself to become a marine i want the Eagle Globe And Anchor

when i originally went to enlist i was 300 abouts then got down to 200 going to boot my max is 214 then in boot cam due to the "extra attention" i went down to 168 now im back up to 200 abouts lol you will lose weight dont worry about it.

Let me ask when you get out of boot camp are you able to sign up for the martial arts class thanks for the reply wxsgt there isnt many forums or anything about the bigger marines

Madman, try using capital letters at beginning of sentences, punctuation marks were needed and periods at the end of sentences.
    It's really is sad to read run-on sentences.

And when using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by madman1042002 View Post
    Let me ask when you get out of boot camp are you able to sign up for the martial arts class thanks for the reply wxsgt there isnt many forums or anything about the bigger marines
    In the Marine Corps, you DO NOT look like a slob in any uniform.....period.
    You will have to comply with Marine Corps weight standards throughout your Marine Corps, however short or long it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    In the Marine Corps, you DO NOT look like a slob in any uniform.....period.
    You will have to comply with Marine Corps weight standards throughout your Marine Corps, however short or long it may be.
    LOL you should come see our broke d!ck platoon...aka RBE/IMAB!TCH

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    LOL you should come see our broke d!ck platoon...aka RBE/IMAB!TCH
    LOL I'm just gonna pass entirely about the snide comment; well deserved or not.

But ya gotta admit Dave; as **** poor as any combat ready unit looks out and about, you get back in garrison, and the entire tribe will be snap and pop spit shine.

Now tell the truth.

Can you honestly tell me that when your unit is on the parade deck, your uniforms and bearing are not every inch proud Marines?

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjar View Post
    LOL I'm just gonna pass entirely about the snide comment; well deserved or not.

But ya gotta admit Dave; as **** poor as any combat ready unit looks out and about, you get back in garrison, and the entire tribe will be snap and pop spit shine.

Now tell the truth.

Can you honestly tell me that when your unit is on the parade deck, your uniforms and bearing are not every inch proud Marines?
    Yea it's do it right and look good or get 1st Sergeant's boot up your ass lol.

Thread Information