Can I still wear my Dress Blues?
Create Post

Can I still wear my Dress Blues?

What is the protocol for wearing dress blues. I have been out of active duty since 1977. Can I still wear my dress blues for a family portrait? I still maintain my weight and high & tight? My old set of dress blues which were in storage somehow shrunk...imagine that? So I must purchase a new set. I had planned on buying a new set for my burial (whenever that might be). Please advise.

Thanks

Hi, Maspotente. I recently had the same question and our brothers and sisters were very helpful to me. What I learned was that since you earned the right to wear them, then you may for formal occasions and a family portrait is a good reason. weddings, MCB, are good examples. As far as getting a new set, I was also advised to check out ebay. there are many deals out there just be patient, since aswe get closer to Nov 10th, the prices get higher. If you don't need them like, yesterday, then ebay might be a good alternative for you. I was pricing a new set of blues and it is well over $650.00.
    Hope it helps.
    Semper Fi!

The answer to all of your questions can be found here. The Permanent Marine Corps Uniform Board (PMCUB) provides basic guidance for the appropriate wear of uniforms by active duty, reserve, retired, and former Marines. Check out the regs using the link below:

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...20Uniforms.asp

Thread Information