02 Intelligience Field
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

02 Intelligience Field

I just have a couple basic questions. To be honest this is the only job I'm really interested in the the Marines. With the new fiscal year coming up does that mean all the jobs are going to be open? I know I obviously can't get my MOS guaranteed but can my recruiter guarantee the 02 Intel field? I'm not planning for any of the following to happen but I'm playing the devil's advocate and planning for worst case scenario. If my security clearance were to fail or if I didn't get through MOS school for some reason could I have a guaranteed backup field on my contract or would it be the need of the corps. from that point. I scored a 64 on my ASVAB, is this high enough for intel? And my last question is does Intel require a active duty enlistment or can you be a Intel reservists. Thanks in advance.

First off, do lots of research and be absolutely sure that you want to do intelligence. What you think the intel guys fo on a daily basis probably isn't true. My intel shop doesn't do anything. However there are others that do some cool sneaky stuff.
    If you couldn't get a security clearance, or were dropped from your school, you will be reassigned to another MOS, probably bulk fuel. And no, you can get a backup field or MOS. With a 64 you should qualify for most jobs, including intel.

Have you spoken with a recruiter? He/she could answer all of those questions in about 30 minutes...

Seriously. And, there are several threads hereabouts that discuss Intelligence, the daily routine, etc. A search will easily locate them.

Hey Itsy,

You could be a reservist and be in the 02 field; I'm currently a 0231 reservist.

like the lcpl said if you go reserves you for sure will get it but if you go active its 50/50 you might get it you might get something else its all on the needs of the marine corps. im in the field just reenlisted i love what i do even though im in the air side of things which gets boring at times but i just accepted orders over to marsoc to do intel for then so i will see how that goes. the thing i like the most about our field is the intel we give goes to the pilots or ground guys and it helps them come back safe or helps them find what they are looking for some will dissagree with that but i can say with experience that it helps. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by supermanlives22 View Post
    like the lcpl said if you go reserves you for sure will get it but if you go active its 50/50 you might get it you might get something else its all on the needs of the marine corps. im in the field just reenlisted i love what i do even though im in the air side of things which gets boring at times but i just accepted orders over to marsoc to do intel for then so i will see how that goes. the thing i like the most about our field is the intel we give goes to the pilots or ground guys and it helps them come back safe or helps them find what they are looking for some will dissagree with that but i can say with experience that it helps. good luck
    Hey Corporal,

Are you still stationed at in Yuma? Do you know of a Sgt. White? Former radio op guy from 29 palms?

Thread Information