No way...Really?
Create Post

No way...Really?

I have no idea whether or not the person who posted this is a Marine.Please tell me if this is BS

"You will NEVER run more then 3 miles (except during The Crucible, but that’s a company run, it’s your final in boot camp, so even if you’re in the worst shape possible, giving up during The Crucible is unforgiveable since you’re marching towards your Eagle, Globe & Anchor..

There should only be 10 times you’ll run, and everytime, never more then 3 miles, but remember, you won’t be walking from one excercise to another.. Running will be daily ****, but the real runs are only 10 times during those 90 days, so it’s not as bad as everyone thinks.."

Either way, you don't stop running after boot camp, and most of the time it'll be more than 3 miles.

Who...and WHERE was that? Someone is either smoking something or is a pozer.

Whoever said that is a tard.

Actually, when I was in bootcamp that was about what we did. It was never more than three miles except for the moto run at the end. We also only ran for PT about once a week. Now, we did run to PT every time.

Quote Originally Posted by scifguard View Post
    Actually, when I was in bootcamp that was about what we did. It was never more than three miles except for the moto run at the end. We also only ran for PT about once a week. Now, we did run to PT every time.
    This.

That being said, sometimes your PT will include running as part of the circuit course or throwing in a lap around the track in between stations. There was a very long circuit course that we did but I still think it was under three miles. The key is that they're preparing you for the PFT with the running but there's so much more than you're doing during the course of the run that the running will basically be your chance to catch your breath.

Our CO (LtCol) was a Mustang...former grunt. He believed in PT. Every other Wednesday at 0400, he called out the off duty squadron personnel and we did a PFT....not for record but for his satisfaction we would pass without issues. Every other Thursday at 1630, he called out the rest of the squadron for his PFT. If we had any fatbodies who had trouble doing the PFT.... he met with them every day for what he called 'miniboot'. You didn't want to go to his miniboot. He kicked your a$$.

Once a month, he held either a 6 or 10 mile run. It was entirely (cough cough) voluntary. If you didn't show up.... you volunteered for his miniboot.

No body in our squadron failed a PFT during his time as our CO. Swing with the Wing eh?

Long story to state...whomever told you that was full of BS. If the Wing did that much PT...do you think POWs (People other than Wingers) would do less?

That sounds about right. I think he's talking about running a straight 3 miles. Never did more than 3 miles at a time in boot. And we didn't run from station to station. We flat out sprinted; and we were never fast enough for the Drill Instructor.

Just one of those boot camp-isms; you are never fast enough.

The moto run at the end was a pretty easy pace. You get to possibly see friends or family in the crowd too.

The consensus i am getting from the younger Marines is that you are unlikely to do more than three miles during boot besides the moto run.The older Marines are probably think ....WTF!?!

I guess it depends on the DI.

Like others said, I don't think you will ever run more than 3 miles strait up, its more run from doing one thing to another or a course where you run like 1.5 miles in between each thing you do.
    In the fleet you'll run a lot more and for longer then only to lose all your endurence on deployment. The only time I had time to run was running to cover.

nobody ran more than 3 miles
    hahahahahaha

well besides the pft and the moto run all the other runs were never 3 miles or over maybe 2 at the most of course i was at mcrd san diego there is not alot of length to run there unless you go back and fourth. i say the kid is not making it up whoever wrote it.

I am not to sure about Bootcamp, But I bet we ran over 5 miles at a time alot.
    When I was at camp Horno, in 'C' Company we ran over 11 miles at a time at least once a month.

Thread Information