Wifes Mom told me I am Brainwashed - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My being a Jarhead, riled my brothers in law so bad, it was a constant source of holiday angst for my wife for over 30 years till one of em died, the other moved to GA, and then we moved away from them all.
    I used to take all kinds of crap from them every freakin holiday, Xmas, Turkey day, you name it if we got together it was rub the jarheads fuzzy,
    I have never let my hair grow out again since the day I left the island.
    One was Army, one was Navy corpsman, one was Air force.
    Totally rankeld their azzz because when I was there they just didnt measure up, of course it prolly did'nt help that she married me agaisnt all their objections,
    38 yrs now, still going.
    never alienated them , never let them put my wife in the middle,
    water off a ducks back eh?

Just tell her that he only reason she feels that way inside of her is only because she has never had a Marine inside of her.

Credits
    Savings
    It don't mean nuttin.

Offer to take the brownies to the PO.

Then take them home.

Just sayin'.

"Brownies...we don't need no stinking brownies!!! All kidding aside...I remember those Air Force fellers...they gave me a ride to Da Nang in '66. Those Arc Lights were pretty cool, too! And remember...not everyone can be a Marine.

BROWNIES they got milk and flour in em
    they're good for you
    i like brownies
    PM me i give you my address
    i like brownies

well hell yea we are the best
    was there really any serious question about that

once a MARINE always a MARINE

you can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by blkhrt View Post
    Not sure if this is the write aread to be posting this but Ill throw it out there. I have been out of the Marine Corps sence 05 and while in was in the Infantry. My wifes younger brother graduates from Air Force boot camp this week, and we will be going out to see him.

Now to the story at hand, my wifes mom informed me that he had called her from boot camp and asked her to send him brownies. And to make enough for everyone in the platoon to have some. I started laughing and informing her of what would happen if I recieved anything like that. She became enraged and started going on and on that the Marine Corps has brainwashed me into thinking its ok for us to believe that we ar better then every other branch of service.

Trying to tell her she has no legs to stand on, as being she has never served, she keeps going back to the brainwashing and countiuned to belittle me in my own home. Her husband and my wife both not knowing what to say just look on as I start to get angry Marine face. The conversation ended with me telling her she is welcome for my service, but to never speak that way again to me or anyother service member.

I understand that we all play for the same team and its just fun to rag on each other. This has been on my mind sence it happened and have tried to talk to her about it, but she refuses. Sorry for the long story, just needed to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading.

I gather that you did not stop by Receiving Barracks on graduation day and pick up your little (willie peter) bag. Its the one they put your brain into when you reported to Boot Camp. They always tell you not to forget to get your WP bag on graduation day.

Next time you see your mother-in-law just explain that you forgot your WP bag. Hopefully she will understand.

You are right, she is wrong, we are Marines - it is that simple. Tell her I said to get bent. Semper Fi, Tom

I figured out how to avoid inlaw problems this time around.

My wife's older sister has been married to a Marine for about 30 years. He's done a pretty good job of getting them trained for me.

Please pass the brownies.

Credits
    Savings
    BigAlHolmes165 It don't mean nuttin.

Offer to take the brownies to the PO.

Then take them home.

Just sayin'.

Har Har,, and remember all the time,
    It's Hard to be Humble when you know
    You're the Best !!

we know the real deal

Ask her to make brownies to send to your old company.

And that will be that.

Just be glad you didn't have to go through 4 of them like I did.

One of my fine relatives, 1st cusin, used to just rag on me about how his son was going to be in the Air Force just like him and not the "D*mn Marines". One day my cusins son showed up at my place and ask if I would take him to the airport so he could fly out to MCRD Dego. Yup he joined the Marines, still in to. And no my cusin has never talked to me again and that was seven years ago. S/F and yes please pass the brownies!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    Typical attitude from a person who doesn't have a clue. Don't let it get to you, if it ever comes up again just reminder her that she knows the truth deep inside. No words needs to be said on the matter, there's plenty of evidence since 1775 to back it up. And you can let her watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Bicfc9dp0
    Steve,thanks for the link. Just watched and what a motivating way to start off a Friday. Semper Fi

Glad to help, always a great video to watch

When she calls you brainwashed, just give her a little chuckle, it keeps'em wondering. LOL

Thread Information