do i need to get into shape before I sign up?
Create Post

do i need to get into shape before I sign up?

I just got out of school a few months ago and I want to sign up as soon as I can because I want to go infantry and i am aware the spots fill quickly.
    Im in pretty bad shape, I can do probably 6 pullups, 50 situps in the time, and I can't even run the 3 miles.

So my main question for you Marines is do I need to get into shape before I sign up or is it okay?

im also afraid I won't be able to keep up with the RS PT sessions right now, but I started running yesterday.

Yes if you want a better chance, as the Marine are very selective now.

Last edited by Supersquishy; 09-02-10 at 05:11 PM. Reason: being unhelpful

Quote Originally Posted by superstack View Post
    I just got out of school a few months ago and I want to sign up as soon as I can because I want to go infantry and i am aware the spots fill quickly.
    Im in pretty bad shape, I can do probably 6 pullups, 50 situps in the time, and I can't even run the 3 miles.

So my main question for you Marines is do I need to get into shape before I sign up or is it okay?

im also afraid I won't be able to keep up with the RS PT sessions right now, but I started running yesterday.
    it would sure help.....YA THINK....?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    it would sure help.....YA THINK....?!?!?!
    sorry maybe I worded the question wrong.

I am trying to ask if its better to get into really good shape and then sign up or begin PT now but also sign up as soon as possible and then get into shape while I am waiting to be shipped.

in other words is it better to sign up after getting into good shape where I risk having to wait for an MOS and ship dates or better to sign up ASAP where i will have to work hard to get into shape before shipment and just be able to keep up with RS PT sessions to begin with.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    sorry maybe I worded the question wrong.

I am trying to ask if its better to get into really good shape and then sign up or begin PT now but also sign up as soon as possible and then get into shape while I am waiting to be shipped.

in other words is it better to sign up after getting into good shape where I risk having to wait for an MOS and ship dates or better to sign up ASAP where i will have to work hard to get into shape before shipment and just be able to keep up with RS PT sessions to begin with.

So what is wrong about starting now, regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    So what is wrong about starting now, regardless?
    I guess i kind of phrased it wrong again, I am starting. I just started running yesterday.

Its more like should I wait till I am in shape to sign up or should I still try to go ahead and sign up anyway.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I guess i kind of phrased it wrong again, I am starting. I just started running yesterday.

Its more like should I wait till I am in shape to sign up or should I still try to go ahead and sign up anyway.

So, go now. You'll be in the delayed entry program for a while anyway.

Thread Information