Marines vs. Civilians
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lake0300
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs up Marines vs. Civilians

Its 9:53pm here. I thought I'd share a little experiment with everyone on here.

I asked 10 friends, 4 of them are 18 or older - the other 6 were 15-17 yrs, to do 10 pushups. Just a simple challenge - drop and do 10. NONE OF THEM took up the challenge. All gave an excuse, most were too tired, or just didnt feel like it. I asked 3 Poolees, and 2 Marines to do the same. All of them did it, in fact both Marines and 1 of the poolees did more then what was asked.

The point... motivating yourself to do even the smallest of tasks comes a long way when preparing yourself for MCRD. GOODLUCK POOLEES!

Hell....I'm 40 and waaaaaaaayy outa shape, and I still can do far more than 10! LMAO at the lazy youth!

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Lake0300

why do you think the world consider's us the best?

it ain't by accident.

semper fi,
    jchristin

Credits
    Savings
    For the most, the average person sees a basic standard as a goal, but a Marine sees it as a starting point. A Marine will always strive for perfection while the rest just try to do enough just to get by.

Semper Fi,

Sender

Man ya'll Marines are awesome. I get Marines all the time that wave at me or honk at me cause they see my Maine stickers. And they're 50 rs old. Thats an awesome brotherhood!

My employer found out that I was to start training for the marine corps in May. The first thing he said was give me 25, and I dropped and did'em just to show that I would do 25. He laught at me while I was doing the the push-ups then told me he was proud of me for choosing the marines. Hey from what I see, when people find out that you going to be a marine you start getting respect right off the bat!

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Marine not marine

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You tell em' Lake, before we do.

Talking

You're learning Lake! Sounds like your listening to your mentors. Keep it up, you'll get to be a Marine yet.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Lake0300,
    I took up your challenge early this friday morning. Somehow during the night my remote television channel changer fell off the bed and wound up on the floor. I said, heck, while I'm down "on the ground" looking for the darn devise I might as well do ten.
    You don't know what kind of havok was raised while I was pumping them out. Bursitis, Arthritis, calcium deposits. If it had a medical term...it shouted.. but I did them. I'm sore but I figure in about two hours I should be fine. Right now, I'm glad you didn't ask for twenty. Check with me in a week. Question. Is it too late for me to become a personal trainer at the age of 58?
    By the way, if you're interested, I found the remote devise and have tied it to the bed.
    Have a great day and thanks for the motivation.
    Gary(osotogary)

Originally posted by Caesar Augustus
    Man ya'll Marines are awesome. I get Marines all the time that wave at me or honk at me cause they see my Maine stickers. And they're 50 rs old. Thats an awesome brotherhood!
    This reminds me of a story.

I was selected to attend the 2002 Friends of NRA Youth Education Summit. The Friends of NRA shelled out more than $1000 for me to be able to have a blast in Washington, D.C. and learn about our government. When I got back, I spoke at a Friends of NRA banquet.

I had an overhead projector with pictures from the trip. When I got to the pics of Arlington National Cemetery and the Iwo Jima Memorial, I said, "It meant a lot to me to be able to see these, as I hope to someday become a United States Marine." Someone in the audience shouted, "Oohrah!" Everyone laughed. I look at the source, and he must have been in his 70s, or at least his late 60s. What little bit of hair he had left was carefully shaped into a high and tight.

That, my friends, is Pride.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by Osotogary
    Question. Is it too late for me to become a personal trainer at the age of 58?
    No its not. In fact, I bet the Air Force is looking for a few trainers - you'd fit right in with those 10 pushups.

LoL! I'm just kidding Oso! Please, dont hunt me down.

Registered User Free Member Poolee08/09's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    i had to take ya up on the challenge, but couldnt stop at just 10, made it a little more interesting at 20, not bragging tho, just adding to teh post
    Peace-Out:
    Jon (Poolee08/09)

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Lake0300.
    I can't hunt you down right now.....I'm still too sore from the ten and I don't have enough gas in the car to get to Toledo, Ohio. LOL
    Check out the physical requirements for becoming an Air Force Para- Rescuer. They are not too shabby.
    Best of luck and best regards.
    Gary (osotogary)

The PJs and Combat Controllers are pretty high speed, but I have a feeling you could find plenty of fly boys that couldn't get the ten push ups... but then again, I couldn't fly an F-15, so I guess its all relative.

Thread Information