Help plz..
Create Post

Thread: Help plz..

Help plz..

Hello Marines,
    I joined the Marine DEP 3 months ago with an infantry MOS with hopes of achieving 0321 Recon. They gave me a ship date of 20110207. I am in good shape, I run everyday, had a real good IST, etc etc. Well My training has been average to prepare me. Just today I found out I'm going to be leaving 20100920, which is a considerable amount shorter time to prepare. I read my General orders a bunch and have been trying to memorize the Ranks and Emblems, BUT I'm worried theres something I wont be prepared for in such a short time. If theres anything you Marines can think of that would help me get in the right direction of being as ready as I can it would be great. I'm pumped and very confident in going, just would like some need to know info that I may have missed. Thanks Marines

Just continue to study. The rank structure is easy...read through it a few more times and go onto the general orders. These need to be committed to memory and might be where you need to spend the majority of your time. The DIs will make sure you know what you need to know. They have the ability to get people to learn when they have a mental block.

Good luck and come back to let us know when you have earned the title.

First of all: deep breath. You're going to be fine. Just consider yourself lucky your date got moved up. Just think -- you're closer to your dream!

Sounds like you're doing everything right so don't stress about it.

Enjoy this time because your life is about to undergo a dramatic change.

Dude you will be fine. They teach you all that bull crap and its easy. Youve got plenty of time, my recruiter called me on a sunday morning and asked if I wanted to go to boot Monday. Dont stress it, you need to enjoy the time you have now as a civilian.

Thread Information