What I hate about JROTC
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What I hate about JROTC

Well I posted this in the poolee section for their opinion.

But I would like a Marines opinion now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac73 View Post
    Here are some guys in my JROTC program that think they are Marines.

My Cadet Gunnery. Sgt, He likes to wear the Dress blues alot and It bugs me that a cadet is allowed to.

this kid has been in the program since he has been in school hes a junior now and is only a Cadet Lance corporal. The JROTC program we have its way to easy to get promotions so it bugs me hes alot to wear the dress blues

Last picture...

THese are some of the many cadets who wear the Dress blues. I stick to the Digis because I don't feel I have earned the right to wear any uniforms yet.

Opinions?

I was going to quit my MCJROTC program because of it and my XO said it was puss excuse to just quit and not work out with the program even though the work out is trash :P

EDIT: Also if you look in the first picture, they ACTUALLY give out marksmanship for airsoft gun shooting or some sort of shooting but with pellets. They are convinced their Marines, and it bugs me haha

They look like they're getting ready to go Trick or Treating. You'd have to be an idiot to mistake them for a real Marine IMO. Definately not happy with them wearing a uniform they never earned.

Me neither. My XO loves wearing them because his brother is a Marine but I can't stress enough to all of them that they are not Marines.

Well if they want to wear it arond tell them they look like a motard boot. LOL tell them to wear it at the 7 day store at Lejeune and see how much fun it is. I don't know why you would want to wear that around, its not fun. They should give them service alphas and make them wear that.
    Anyway, they look like they're 12 and have no rank so no one going to think it's the reak deal.

my MCJROTC program issues service Alphas, Bravos, and Charlies....I don't like it haha

I wanted to apologize to my fellow MCJROTC Cadets of my school, I wasn't thinking when I posted these pictures and thoughts I wasn't thinking and wasn't planning on re-entering MCJROTC. I understand now that what I said was hurtful and not 100% true just stubborness assuming things.

Again I'm sorry, and would hope that the Admin can delete this topic

-Poolee McDonald

Hmmmm... that response seems coerced...

Awww seems someone saw it and got a little butt hurt. Why are kids trying to act all grown up anyways, childhood was the sh!t.

haha in highschool its not so much fun sometimes. After you miss it but at the time it sucks for some. Like me my football team 0-3 i want to leave soon and out of highschool haha. But I said some harsh things that i shouldn't and to respected higher ranked cadets

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac73 View Post
    haha in highschool its not so much fun sometimes. After you miss it but at the time it sucks for some. Like me my football team 0-3 i want to leave soon and out of highschool haha. But I said some harsh things that i shouldn't and to respected higher ranked cadets
    Dude, **** it. Who cares about that sh!t. You might now, and that's cool and all, but you'll soon learn how stupid that sh!t is and wish you did something else with your time.
    It's not that you miss high school and school in general, it's just that you don't get to see your friends everyday like that and everyone scatters across the country to do their own sh!t. Good times, good times.

Well most of my only good friends are in JROTC and on the football team. Once footballs over I have all this free time to hang out. I love football to much and i've never quit anything so i gotta finish, its tough though I'm pretty decent at what I do and its either me or my other friend on D making tackles everyone else expects us to get them and get lazy

High School was easy, joining the real world afterwards thats the fun part. Stay single, travel, join the Marines, become a rodeo clown I don't really care what you do. Trust me there is more to life than high school drama.

When you leave high school you will find that none of that stuff really matters. You probably won't talk to anyone you currently consider as your friends after high school.
    Those kids do not look like Marines and I doubt many would confuse them with Marines. Personally, I don't like them wearing those uniforms, but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

High school is FOUR years of what will hopefully be a very long life. FOUR years. Think long and hard on that. Sure, 20 years from now you can look at the old yearbook and laugh....but time, as well as people, change.

Those who are still re-living high school 20 years after the fact are usually the ones who peaked there.....and still live in the parents basement, "holding out for a management position" or "waiting until the fry guy dies" so they can move up.

Enjoy yourself while there but it ain't the 'be all, end all'....esp. if you end up actually enlisting. You'll leave your HS friends behind pretty quick. When you return from Recruit Training on leave, they'll still be 'on the block' and you'll BE someone. As the years pass....you'll pass them by as well.

I always wondered if the kids that think their so much cooler then me because they drink all weekend and on those special named week days, Funday Mondays thirsty thursdays and tuesday boozeday. They love their pills, marijuana and alcohol. I'll admit I drink occasionally but I have too much in my life to do all that sh*t haha. Lets hope those kids are the ones in the basements its sickening seeing these kids allowed to get away with it all

Thread Information