Military Surplus Store
Create Post

Military Surplus Store

Any other poolees shop at the local surplus store? My towns store is owned by an old Recon Marine. I go up a lot just to chat. I also have bought a few odds and ends to throw it some money. They are a dying breed so show support if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by BassPro0007 View Post
    Any other poolees shop at the local surplus store? My towns store is owned by an old Recon Marine. I go up a lot just to chat. I also have bought a few odds and ends to throw it some money. They are a dying breed so show support if you can.
    An old Recon Marine? That sounds ..wow, I wish I could hear stories from a Marine like that! You're lucky. On the other hand, yesterday, walking down the street from my house to the deli, I ran into a Marine who served in a Scout-Sniper platoon as a PIG. It was pretty cool. Gotta admire all Marines, but the Recons and the Snipers are (in my opinion) the Cream of the Crop.

Yeah he definetley has some stories. Its a lot of motivation to talk to old Marines like that.

I do not mean to burst anyones bubble here, these stories are the ones who inspire us to actually go out and do what we are doing, however, you see a lot of people claiming to be things they are not. It has been my experience that the ones who were actually there do not talk about it. My grandfather went to Nam. To this day I hear no speak about it at all. He got two purple hearts...I have seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellinheim View Post
    I do not mean to burst anyones bubble here, these stories are the ones who inspire us to actually go out and do what we are doing, however, you see a lot of people claiming to be things they are not. It has been my experience that the ones who were actually there do not talk about it. My grandfather went to Nam. To this day I hear no speak about it at all. He got two purple hearts...I have seen them.

They aren't glorious war stories, they are all about boot camp and training and places he saw.... I dont dare ask a veteran about war stories.

/thumbs up

Thread Information