black squares - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: black squares

But either way it doesn't really matter since we now use Flame Resistant Organizational Gear (FROG) while deployed.

Heres a little bit on the FROG TOP we use *NOTE the NIR technology

PropperŽ Flame Resistant Organizational Gear (FROG) USMC Shirt

• Desert Digital Camouflage
    • Raglan Cut Sleeve with Tilted Pockets for Easy Access and Loop Panels on Each Button Flap
    • Reinforced Zip Collar and Contoured Elbow Patch
    • Adjustable Wrist Flaps
    • Comfortable Moisture Wicking and Fast Drying Torso
    • Enchaned X-Static™ DRIFIREŽ Knit Torso - Reduces Core Body Heat, is Flame resistant, Prevents Bacteria Growth and Provided Odor Control
    • All Thread, Zippers and loop Components are Flame resistant
    • Sleeves Made of Patented Defender M™ Flame Resistant Fabric
    • Shirt Design Patent Pending - Crye Presision, LLC

DETAILS:
    • Sleeve: 65% lenzing FRŽ Rayon / 25% para-Aramid / 10% Nylon
    • Torso: 80% Modacrylic / 15% Tencel / 5% Silver

NOTE TO MILITARY PERSONNEL: THIS GARMENT HAS NIR TECHNOLOGY AND IS APPROVED FOR MILITARY OPERATIONS.

Near Infrared (NIR) Signature Management Technology is used by the U.S. Department of Defense to prevent detection by NIR Image Converters. These photocathode devices do not detect temperatures, but rather infrared radiation variances. NIR-compliant uniforms use a special fabric that allows soldiers to appear at the same radiation level as the surrounding terrain, thus making them more difficult to detect.

NOTE: FR (Flame Resistant) garments or materials can not be released without proper authentication. To purchase FR materials or garments, one of the following must be furnished :
    1. Copy of Military I.D.
    2. Verifiable .mil or .gov email address.
    3. Rank and Branch of Service.

Plus they're a lot thiner than cammies. You still sweat your balls off, but not as bad. On the down side, I think I ripped about 3 pairs of pantsin my deployment. They all rip in the same spot, right leg. I had a good foot and a half hole in my pants for about 2 months. Most people had the same problem in the same spot.

The IR patch doesn't really matter or do much. I never had any and you can't even tell who is wearing one with NVGs on.

Plus they're a lot thiner than cammies. You still sweat your balls off, but not as bad. On the down side, I think I ripped about 3 pairs of pantsin my deployment. They all rip in the same spot, right leg. I had a good foot and a half hole in my pants for about 2 months. Most people had the same problem in the same spot.
    Over all, way more confortable than cammies. I use then for PT.
    The IR patch doesn't really matter or do much. I never had any and you can't even tell who is wearing one with NVGs on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Then why can't you starch your cammies?
    starch neutralizes the insect repellent embedded into the material

that and why would anyone ever want to? cammies are supposed to be comfortable to work in, why in gods name would anyone want to make them as much of a pain in the ass to wear as chucks

Thread Information