A sad day for Dunk's boys - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    --- On Sun, 8/22/10, Gene Duncan wrote:

Date: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 8:13 AM

As most of you know, the medics give me about a monthg to live. But here's an
    upbeat message.

Yesterday, 21 August, We had a gathering at the Duncan Command Post. Retired
    Captain Tom Moore and his son in law were here. Former Marine Bob Hall and his
    wife. Several others, including my neighbors who cooked up chicken, potato salad
    and other goodies. Tom's son in law is a professional Irish Folk Song
    master, and we had a hell of a good time.

I am overawed with the folks who are going to the trouble and expense of coming
    to see this old tanker. I am humbled.

Don't know how much longer God has alloted me, but my final hours, days, weeks
    are more gratifying than I could ever hope for.

Next week my son, David -- and many more visitors, will be here to help me get
    the police shed cleaned out and ready for new police sergeant.

God bless all of you. I'll try to keep you posted. THANKS FOR BEING MY FRIENDS.

Semper Fi
    Gene Duncan

SHOOT STRAIGHT -- AND OFTEN

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just received this message from John Wear :

On October 22, I spoke over the telephone with Col "Casey" Casey. He had been up in Ft Wayne with "Dunk" on and off (mostly on) for the past three weeks. Je said that unfortunately Dunk had been given just a few weeks to live by his original VA doctor. He took one chemo treatment under this Dr and he almost died. Somehow he then was able get another (more competent?) Dr who drastically changed his chemo treatment (less severe) and gave Dunk a prognosis that added about two years on to the original two week proclaimation. Casey said that Dunk is now almost back to normal...but using a walker to get out to his deck for a smoke and a glass of Scotch (or two).

Ooo-Rah!!!

OUTstanding!!!!!!

Thread Information