Give me your opinion. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave530 View Post

I can try and look up the recode in a bit . . .
    You RE code is listed on your DD214 in box 27 on Member-4! after that you can do a google search on RE codes and there will be your answer! Good Luck!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm having a heck of a time trying to find my DD-214. I went to the VA office and some new copies are en route but for now I need to continue to look around.

I wanted to ask one other thing . . . I absolutely don't have flat feet. I went and saw a pediotrist and he said I neither have nor show any signs of ever having had flat feet. If the RE-code on my newer DD-214 makes me inelligible for reinlistment when I never even -had- flat feet and it was erroneously altered when my original code would have allowed me to reinlist, can I do something about it? Would this be more of a question that I go to the VA office for? To me it would be rediculous if my paperwork got changed for no reason so that there was nothing I could do, nor could I reinlist becuase of the alteration.

I have an appointment with the local recruiter tomorrow, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still pushing for this. I don't care what it takes. I apologize for my earlier posts as well, I seem to have forgotten that I'm posting somewhere where I should show the utmost respect and civility, not a friendly chat board.

If the RE code was issued 'erronously' then you can apply to HQMC to have it changed. But be forewarned, it's a long, ardous process.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    If the RE code was issued 'erronously' then you can apply to HQMC to have it changed. But be forewarned, it's a long, ardous process.

Absolutely whatever it takes. I said that and I mean it. Thank you for your reply, any little bit of advice or information helps me get closer and means the world to me, sir.

Thing is, you have to PROVE that. Hard road, indeed.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah not looking foreward to it. It's still rediculous to me that it could even happen, especially if the RE-code on it is the thing keeping me out.

Then again I've never been a huge logistics/administrative guy.

We'll see what happens tomorrow, thank you again, sir.

You need your Service 2 DD214. Request a copy at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html.

When you're originally given your DD214 its supposed to be the Member 4, or short form. You need the long form, that's what they give you when you request a copy thereafter. You only get one short form.. allegedly.

Go from there.

An RE-Code Upgrade takes a long time. HQMC will quote you something like 60-90 days. Try over a year. HQMC will likely kick a RE-3 whatever to BCNR and they'll take a look at it. You need precisely 4 metric tonnes of documentation stating that your RE code was given in error. Also; what type of discharge was listed?

I doubt it was a Medical; it was probably under an OTH. That's more of an issue than the RE code (which can be waivered). Your best bet (which isn't a good bet at all) is to try the Reserves side. Otherwise try another branch of service; if not the Army than the National Guard or Coast Guard.

go see a recruiter fat a** . You are not Marine material, I suggest you go and "be all you can be"

hahaha we had some f*cktard at boot while in receiving and was asked what the Marine corps motto was and he said "be all you can be" that was funny sh*t!

You're old!

whos old? what the hell lmao

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3521 View Post
    whos old? what the hell lmao
    lol

Go Army. They have a lot of basic. The Marine Corps has the one and only Boot Camp.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    lol
    dont be disrespecting a senior PFC!! lmao!

Credits
    Savings
    Went and talked to my recruiter today and it's basically down to what my DD214 says. I talked to the Senior Sergeant that was in charge of him and he told me that he would be willing to pull strings for me as would my recruiter, but once again that's only if my RE-code doesn't say no go. I appreciate all of the advice you guys have, especially the ones thinking I can't hack it. With all due respect, I can't wait to prove you wrong. Also, my bad on calling boot camp basic, it's anything but that. Thank you gentlemen.

I'll give more updates when my DD214 arrives.

Thread Information