Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce59 View Post
    In my opinion their is a lack of pride in the Army. Thats not to say the
    soldiers are not patirots, because they are, but it's that lack of pride
    thing that most of them have. When they leave the Army it seems they
    never look back at the time they were in. They may have unit pride but
    no Army pride. You never see two Army guys that didn't know each other
    meet in a parking lot by chance because they had on hats that said Amry on them, and start talking about there time in, just doesn't happen
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MarineCo.../1/PcSngx5wLyg
    Permission to come aboard. That's just not true, I have never seen to Marines who didn't know each other meet in a parking lot and start talking about their time in... NEVER but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.
    Whenever I wear any of my shirts or hats that say Army or Airborne, Cav, etc; I'll run into guys who'll ask questions and we'll talk for a while if time permits.., and that's at the gym, Target, Macys, Kroger, and anywhere else.

So I don't know where you've gatherd your information but it's totally false and since there is over 1,300,000 of us who really has time to stop & chat with everyone you see wearing paraphanillia?

My 2 Cents

well your wrong Jumpboots I have run into many Marines who I did not know and we have talked for hours about how it waas when I was in and he was in or where we where stationed. Are you ex-Army ? Also to Marines it shows disrepect when you call E-6 to E-8 Sgt a Marine would never call A SSgt Sgt or a Gunny a Sgt

Credits
    Savings
    Well,jumpboots, as awbrown just said it happens all the time.
    We all do it, It's a Marine thing, don't you know. I'm glad you
    wear tees and hats that say Army on them, but you just don't
    see that from exArmy guys all the time. And as I said before,I
    see Army guys as having unit pride, but not Army pride.

Just my 2 cents worth

I have done many funeral at Arlington National Cemetary and we were always in Dress Uniform. In all the funerals I did never once did I see anyone in cammies. My thought is show respect wear your best. Cammies go over like a turd in a punch bowl if you ask me. Semper Fi Marines.

Cantrell

Jump boots, permission granted. I will say that for the most part, once you leave 'army centric' areas, you see less and less of what you describe.

But get two Marines together and it doesn't matter where they are...

Well,jumpboots, as awbrown just said it happens all the time.
    We all do it, It's a Marine thing, don't you know. I'm glad you
    wear tees and hats that say Army on them, but you just don't
    see that from exArmy guys all the time. And as I said before,I
    see Army guys as having unit pride, but not Army pride.

Just my 2 cents worth
    Well Bruce I guess you're probably correct to an extent but I went into the Guard for two years then later reenlisted for four more but I was in CA at the JFTB and of course in So Cal you'll see a lot more Marines & Sailors and I've even had guys who've crossed over say that they see more Marines and Navy and hardly any Army outside of drill..., or the airport (lol) but outside of that region when I'm on the east coast especially between NC & GA I see many, many soldiers ; former, active, guard & reserve everywhere here in GA or when I'm up north SC & NC is pretty close from what I've observed but my job takes me to quite a few places every once in a while.

I will stop and talk to fellow soldiers if I notice that they've been Army but we usually don't talk no longer than a few minutes when in transition and I don't do bars unless I'm with the crew that i'm working with but recently in Marrietta, GA I had taken my kids to Mc Donalds and while they were playing I met a few other dads who were wearing various Army paraphanillia and we talked for about an hour or more while our kids played but that's a first for me because the setting provided it..

Now if you Marines are out running erands for or with the wifey and you run into a brother Marine who you Don't know and Never served in the same unit and you still talk longer than a few minutes.., then I concede and say "Dammm!!! You guys are full of pride Corps pride"..

Just happened to me...at the CVS. Wife and kids were in the car waiting while I got a script, saw another Marine (former) wearing a cammie cover, stopped, we looked at each other, 'Semper Fi''d. He was Aviation Ordnance in the early 70's, served at MCAS Yuma, deployed once to WestPac, got out a Cpl. 72-76 if I recall correctly.

15 minutes later I went IN the CVS and got my script.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    @JumpBoots

Just for a few instances of how close we are;

I met a Marine at the VA in SC who not only took me for a ride in his truck, he gave me a USMC sticker (he had only 2) he made me miss my appointment because we talked for about an hour outside the facility. I had never seen him before nor have I ever seen him again.

A Marine who was stationed with me in Pensacola, Fl was my best man at my wedding. I had only seen him once in 25+ years and gave him two weeks notice that he would be the Best Man.

Peep the Manymoonsago thread

Semper Fi really means something to us

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Jump boots, permission granted. I will saythat for the most part, once you leave 'army centric' areas, you see less and less of what you describe.

But get two Marines together and it doesn't matter where they are...
    Thank you Sgt,

Yeah you may be right about that do any of you know about a book called the Guide to the us armed forces that was written by two Marine Colonels that are husband & wife? They break down each and every service and what they state about the Army is pretty fair IMO, they point out that because of it's sheer size that the Army is made of of many corps or a few armies that operate under the US Army but still have varying levels of disipline, fitness, structure, pride, history, etc, where as the USMC is all about the corps no matter what your MOS..
    That's how I've seen it for a while but I also know that they are changeing BCT for Everybody they've added a week and are going to focus more on marksmanship and combatives among a few other things and it won't be just Benning and Knox, I think they'll still have it harder based on what MOS's are trained there and based there but the others will have it tougher.

One thing that most soldiers will say when comparing BCT to Boot Camp is that "All the Marines do is spend an extra two weeks or so on D&C and in a class learning Corps history" Bingo that's where the pride starts and the disipline and respect branch wide.. For a while now it's been all about "Oh you'll learn it at your unit" and it's night & day differences between various units. They're All are gonna learn who Audie Murphy is because he was a US Army Soldier and not just a Cavalry, they'll learn the history of the US Army as a whole and US Army customs & courtesies, etc.

Now if only they'll get rid of co-ed BCT at Ft. Jackson and anywhere else that exsist. http://www.army.mil/-news/2010...ws-insidearmy-title9

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Just happened to me...at the CVS. Wife and kids were in the car waiting while I got a script, saw another Marine (former) wearing a cammie cover, stopped, we looked at each other, 'Semper Fi''d. He was Aviation Ordnance in the early 70's, served at MCAS Yuma, deployed once to WestPac, got out a Cpl. 72-76 if I recall correctly.

15 minutes later I went IN the CVS and got my script.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdawgg View Post
    @JumpBoots

Just for a few instances of how close we are;

I met a Marine at the VA in SC who not only took me for a ride in his truck, he gave me a USMC sticker (he had only 2) he made me miss my appointment because we talked for about an hour outside the facility. I had never seen him before nor have I ever seen him again.

A Marine who was stationed with me in Pensacola, Fl was my best man at my wedding. I had only seen him once in 25+ years and gave him two weeks notice that he would be the Best Man.

Peep the Manymoonsago thread

Semper Fi really means something to us
    I pledged a fraternity in college and wherever I am and see a frat brother I have to talk with him and I have been in places and had a great time with people I hadn't previously known nor have ever been to their town..
    Your branch remind me of that.., having your own identity , culture, & customs. Here's to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Hey, Jumpboots, your a good guy. You handled yourself with class on this
    forum. Welcome aboard. And you keep wareing the hats and tees that
    say your a proud Army Soldier.

I agree 100 percent. You just don't see enough of that stuff IMO.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpBoots View Post
    I pledged a fraternity in college and wherever I am and see a frat brother I have to talk with him and I have been in places and had a great time with people I hadn't previously known nor have ever been to their town..
    Your branch remind me of that.., having your own identity , culture, & customs. Here's to you.
    I also admire the way you handled yourself here.

The Marine I met that day insisted that I take a ride in his new pick up. He just was so happy to see another Marine (that clinic is small).

There is just a certain 'look' that another Marine will give you when he/she hears that word 'Marine' and that one claims to be one.

That look will burn right through a person's soul. It is a laser lock with the eyes that is unyielding.

I was traveling recently with my wife and we met a Marine (AD) at a gas stop. He gave me a bottle of Jar Head Juice Red Wine just because. We go crazy over each other.

Hey, Jumpboots, your a good guy. You handled yourself with class on this
    forum. Welcome aboard. And you keep wareing the hats and tees that
    say your a proud Army Soldier.
    Thank you Bruce.., you guys have made me feel welcome and I am proud to call you brothers in arms.

Thread Information