MOS question?
Create Post

Thread: MOS question?

MOS question?

Hello Marines,
    I'm a DEP/Poolee right now and I just ran my IST today as a back up. My initial ship date isn't until 20110207 for MOS 0321 (Recon). Seeing as how I'm graduated and willing to go at any moment, my recruiter had me take the IST as an extra incase a spot opened for MOS 0311. He asked me if there were any other jobs I'd be willing to do other then those to. I was just wondering if theres any more infantry based jobs in the Marine Corps that could possibly interest me. My main goal is make it threw MCRD, SOI, and Recon school to one day be Force Recon. So if anyone knows any other MOS's out there that would be in that area it'd be of great help! Thank you all for your advice and help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zwoods2010 View Post
    Hello Marines,
    I'm a DEP/Poolee right now and I just ran my IST today as a back up. My initial ship date isn't until 20110207 for MOS 0321 (Recon). Seeing as how I'm graduated and willing to go at any moment, my recruiter had me take the IST as an extra incase a spot opened for MOS 0311. He asked me if there were any other jobs I'd be willing to do other then those to. I was just wondering if theres any more infantry based jobs in the Marine Corps that could possibly interest me. My main goal is make it threw MCRD, SOI, and Recon school to one day be Force Recon. So if anyone knows any other MOS's out there that would be in that area it'd be of great help! Thank you all for your advice and help!
    If your not 100% percent sure about going recon then dont, I dont want someone who is not 100% dedicated to what they are doing to be in my community. Just to make it in recon you have to be sure thats what you want to do and nothing else.

You can take your time on Recon. This is not a race. In both FR and MARSOC, lots of skills are needed, especially the latter. First, for both, you need some maturity and experience. Some goals require perseverance and time.

Thread Information