armorer...mos 2111 questions???
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

armorer...mos 2111 questions???

Hi Marines.

Quick question about the mos 2111 or the armorer. My recruiter told me they basically sit in the place where all the guns are stored and repair, maintain, and keep the log book of where every gun is.

1. Is what the recruiter told me true?
    2. Do they get put onto the field and actually see combat?
    3. If stationed in Iraq would I basically stay on one base my whole deployment or would I jump around to other bases to repair things?
    4. If the Marines need more people on the front line, are the armorers some of the people they would go to first to put in combat?

thanks for all the help Marines.

1. yes 2. yes 3. may be moved 4. yes do to the knolage of how to use and repair the weapons.

Credits
    Savings
    My wife's uncle was a Marine armorer. He is a crack shot with all sorts of weapons and has an extensive collection, all of which he keeps in pristine condition. He also has the equipment to do most repairs and also loads his own ammunition. He had some combat experience and even I, another Marine, can't get anything about that out of him. He'll talk all night about the weapons, but nothing about his experiences. So I gave up.

Thread Information