Siblings in boot camp
Create Post

Thumbs up Siblings in boot camp

My brother and I are going to boot camp together in November. According to our recruiter we'll probably be in the same platoon. Is this normally the case? Do brothers normally get extra "love" from DI's? I would like to hear any stories relating to brothers in boot camp. Thank you Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It is not uncommon, especially if the sibs go in on the "buddy program."

Yes, you can expect extra love. If one of you screws up, both of you may be quarterdecked to make sure they got the guilty party. Ah, the joys.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I know of a pair of sisters that started out in the same Platoon. One was going AD after boot camp and the other was going Reserve. The one that was going AD got recycled so they were split up at that point.

Are you guys twins? Or is there an age difference between the 2 of you?

2 of the fastest recruits at the time in my platoon were twins they would race each other and get 16 min 3 miles lol. if you join under the buddy program which i reccommend you will be in the same platoon. the only down side with the 2 in my platoon was that one of them was road guard coming home from the cruicible and was hit by a car so he couldnt graduate on time

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    I know of a pair of sisters that started out in the same Platoon. One was going AD after boot camp and the other was going Reserve. The one that was going AD got recycled so they were split up at that point.

Are you guys twins? Or is there an age difference between the 2 of you?
    I'm the older of the two. There's an age difference of four years and both going AD.

Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    2 of the fastest recruits at the time in my platoon were twins they would race each other and get 16 min 3 miles lol. if you join under the buddy program which i reccommend you will be in the same platoon. the only down side with the 2 in my platoon was that one of them was road guard coming home from the cruicible and was hit by a car so he couldnt graduate on time
    Yes, were going under the buddy program to Parris Island 20101115. We're currently running the fastest times at our station, so hopefully we'll do something similar with our platoon.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I went to boot camp with a pair of brothers. After training one was sent to Lejeune and one was sent to Pendleton. Not sure if that was on purpose or just how things worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    It is not uncommon, especially if the sibs go in on the "buddy program."

Yes, you can expect extra love. If one of you screws up, both of you may be quarterdecked to make sure they got the guilty party. Ah, the joys.
    Looks like I need to talk with my brother and make sure he's on point with everything.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Had twins in boot. Real good harassment. They cried alot and were finally let out.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TX1321 View Post
    Looks like I need to talk with my brother and make sure he's on point with everything.

Well, if you aren't identical twins, you might escape getting quarterdecked together all of the time. But count on some of the time.

Do you know why the Drill Instructors do that? Because they can.

hmmmm! Maybe the whole twin thing is more common in Boot Camp then what I thought. I had two brothers in my Plt who were identical twins, they both where big dudes. They graduated both as Squad Leaders, and PFC's. They made great Marines, kept in touch with em for a bit, think they both became 0311's

Quote Originally Posted by TX1321 View Post
    No worries hard charger...boot camp is boot camp. They will find some reason to mess with you no matter what.

My platoon picked up a med drop twin who had entered with his brother. He was glad that he had been med dropped because every time the DI's called his last name, they both had to report: whether it was for extra instruction, fire watch or thrashing. Plus, he said his brother was a F-Up that constantly had them both in the pit.

Enjoy it. You will forever have something to share with your brother. Nothing more binding than chewing some dirt together in the pit over 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdchi1 View Post

Enjoy it. You will forever have something to share with your brother. Nothing more binding than chewing some dirt together in the pit over 3 months.
    Definetely looking forward to a memory of a lifetime. Nothing better than blood brothers and brothers in arms.

Thread Information