ORIGINAL M1941 Pack System Haversacks/Knapsacks for sale
Create Post

ORIGINAL M1941 Pack System Haversacks/Knapsacks for sale

Up for sale, being de-assesed by the USMCHC, are these M1941 USMC ORIGINAL Packs. "Tops" (Haversacks) and "Bottoms" (Knapsacks). All are in used condition, some better than others. I will try and provide the best descriptions I can, and by all means, if you want more photos, please ask!

Some general information on these:

All but one at this point are unmarked and very likely Depot made, or depot re-worked.

"Pattern", as in '1st pattern, 2nd pattern' ect, is a collector term. I use it to describe the different styles of pack, and it's based on my research, conducted for the most part at the USMCHC AND this forum, in the reference section.

As always, first PM gets first 'dibs'. Payment will be by check or MO ONLY. NO Paypal. I'm sorry but overseas sales are generally just not workable. Canada is ok. Shipping will be combined on multiple orders.

Up first, one of the rarer of this series, the "1st pattern" style of the M1941 Pack. This style has 'pigtail' type flaps, does not 'roll', and has riveted 'H' style buckles on the front flap. An unmarked example, likely Depot made. A nice early WWII piece.

Condition: Black staining all over, showing field use. Grommets in place. Shovel and bedroll straps intact and in place. Side strap in place, rear belt clip in place. Shoulder straps missing tips, which were likely of the square variety. Some holes located on the rear and one underneath a side strap. (less than dime sized). One dime sized hole on the interior flap. Pigtails intact.

Up next is a "2nd pattern", Knapsack, marked "BOYT 44". The interesting thing about this one is, according to Tulkoff's book, Boyt (and the Marine Corps) by 1944 had decided to go with the 'rolltop' style of pack for this system on both the top and bottom parts, by 1944. Thus this is likely part of the last run of these made by Boyt in 1944. The riveted "H" style of loop have been changed to a sewn "M" style. The pigtails remain.

Condtion: Rust stains, as you can see. Small hole on the right rear about quarter sized. Wouldn't be seen under normal condtions. Markings are clear and easy to see.

Next up...."2nd pattern" Haversacks. To conserve on bandwidth, I've consolidated the packs into groupings. This group are both 2nd pattern Haversacks. Each are numbered. (1/2). Neither are 'mint/unissued' (none of the packs will be I'm afraid) but are priced accordingly.

There are NO markings on ANY of the packs listed, which from my research is typical. Not because they were not marked, but because the depot markings wore off. I believe that to be the case with these, all have seen use over the years, some more than others.

#1: 2nd Pattern Haversack with H buckles and pigtails, and square tip buckles. Condition issues: No grommets on shovel tab, about a 1/2 dollar sized hole on the reverse, no tips on the straps, which are possibly cut. The pack is otherwise complete. $45.00

#2: 2nd Pattern Haversack with H buckles and pigtails, and square tip buckles. Condition issues: No grommets on shovel tab, Missing bedroll strap (the top strap). Rust stains on reverse. $30.00

#1: 4th Pattern Haversack, (Rolltop). With square tips and "M" style buckles. Condition issues: The bad thing with this pack is it has an 8" seam rip in the reverse. It doesn't show from the front, but it's a problem. A decent pack otherwise and complete. $25.00

#2: 4th Pattern Haversack, (Rolltop). With Round tips and "M" style buckles. Condition issues: Missing shovel tie down strap. Shoulder straps have been cut down for some reason (!!) and are far too short. Rust stains on straps and top. Price reflects condition. $20.00

#3: 4th Pattern Haversack, (Rolltop). With Round tips and "M" style buckles. Condition issues: Shovel strap is ripping (but still present), Tips missing from front straps. Wear on left shoulder strap and missing the small strap on that side. $25.00

#1: 4th Pattern Knapsack. "M" buckles, Rolltop, with roundtip ends. About a 1/2 dollar sized hole on top at the area of the left strap. Otherwise ok. 25.00

#2: 4th Pattern Knapsack: "M" buckles, Rolltop, with square ends. Wear through spot on left side that's approx. 2". 30.00

#3: 4th Pattern Knapsack: "M" buckles, Rolltop, with square ends. Marked to "Finton, RA". Also has "777" as well as a movie inventory number of "44-49-006". This would be a GREAT knapsack....except it has a 3" hole near the top left strap. This is an original, but movie used, pack. 30.00

Hello Sgt, I was just wondering if the rare pig tail pack was till up for sale and if so please email me photos, because I would be interested in buying. Simon92002@gmail.com

Sgt. Lep does not post here anymore.

Thread Information