Taking Chance
Create Post

Thread: Taking Chance

Taking Chance

Anybody else get a lump in the throat during the hearse convoy scene in Taking Chance?...Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by MKearin View Post
    Anybody else get a lump in the throat during the hearse convoy scene in Taking Chance?...Semper Fi!
    Yeah, and I thought that it was a good movie about the Corps and that type of stuff. It seemed like a fairly accurate portrayal anyway. Not that I've had to go through that.

And for what it is worth. A First Sergeant friend of mine who runs the I&I staff in Texarkana was recently at Quantico for a CAO school and he said it was pretty accurate as to what he learned there.

Credits
    Savings

Taking Chance

I thought it was a respectful and well done movie. The only thing I questioned was his rank. I believe he was a L/CPL but was addressed as a PFC in the funeral parlor scene. Nit picking a bit Sorry ! S/F

Been trying to find that movie around here for weeks no luck so far but still looken.

Hey Butch, I found on Amazon for about 12 bucks.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I agree it's an excellent movie and very respectful. Kevin Bacon played his second role in which he showed honor and dignity to the Corps. His first being in A Few Good Men.

Quote Originally Posted by MKearin View Post
    Hey Butch, I found on Amazon for about 12 bucks.
    Thanks I looking

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Been trying to find that movie around here for weeks no luck so far but still look-en.
    I found it at Hasting book and video in Garden City,Ks. I'm sure if you go to any video store they should have it. I got mine for $1.00 cause it was previewed and they have specials buy one at so & so much and get the next one for a Buck. I never buy a movie brand new, I wait until they come out and write down the title and wait for it to go on sell as previewed and get them for 1/2 price nearly.In this economy I can't afford to buy brand new and I bet most of us can't either.

That`s the way I usually like to buy movies too. You can find movies at a "bargain" price online. But by the time you pay the shipping cost you end up paying the same price as a new one, if not more.

Excellent movie, only Seen it once since I got it though, just one of those movies for me.

S/F

Thread Information