Question about MOS
Create Post

Question about MOS

Just a quick question, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I looked around a bit, didn't find anything), but how much of a say do you get in the MOS you end up with? I'm not sure how much of a say you get, and how much the Corp gets in the decision. How does the actual process of it work?

Thanks for your time, and once again I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

You get to pick your career field. After that, it's "Needs of the Marine Corps". You might want, say to be an Infantryman, MP, Truck driver, in that order....Well, there are different specialities within those MOS's...if you get "Infantry", once you get to the point of assignment, you'll be assigned either "Rifleman, Machine gunner, Mortars" etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    You get to pick your career field. After that, it's "Needs of the Marine Corps". You might want, say to be an Infantryman, MP, Truck driver, in that order....Well, there are different specialities within those MOS's...if you get "Infantry", once you get to the point of assignment, you'll be assigned either "Rifleman, Machine gunner, Mortars" etc...
    I think I understand what you're saying. Thanks for your help.

Can do. I'd say, don't rely on the recruiters to do all the research for you. Think long and hard about what sort of job you want to do, generally, and work towards that. Also 2 other jobs...because you may not get your first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by thenewchance
    and how much the Corp gets in the decision.
    It's Corps.

I had no choice when I went in ,I was assigned my job and loved every minute of it.Supply 3051 Basic Warehouseman.

well the field i picked was the dd intel and signals intel well it was a fifty fifty pick for me and i got intel but for the aviation field you got alot of job posibilities so you may not get the one you want like you may want to work on helo's well if the marines need guys to work on the lawn dart of the marine corps the harrier lol then you will have to do that. hope this helps

I also picked DD Intel. Went to bootcamp thinking I was going to be a 0231, left slated to be a 2651, and left MOS school as a 2621.

goes to show you needs of the marine corps

Thread Information