Thanks To Everyone Here At Leatherneck
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks To Everyone Here At Leatherneck

This is to THANK everyone here at Leatherneck for their support and prayers. Tomorrow, 9/19/2003, my "adopted nephew" CPL Christopher L. Smith, will be here with us in Ozona, Tx.. He has spent the last 8 1/2 months in Iraq. Your support and advice has kept this family and his family going during the times that have been the hardest to endure. I can not thank all of you for what you have done. It has shown what the expression "SEMPER FI" truly means.
    I have know Chris since he was only 8 years old. He used to ask me all about the Corps. He is now 21 yrs. old and a veteran. He and I have e-mailed each other almost everyday he was gone and I have passed on everything y'all have sent to me as well as some of the posts. I only hope now, that I can give him the peace and understanding that you all have given to me. We have know what combat is and what it can do. If I can pass on half of what you all have given to me, then I have done a good job. THANK YOU ALL.
    We, meaning his family and us, are giving him a Texas size welcome. We have ordered kegs of beer, about a half of beef, plus homemade deserts and of course tons of Mexican food. So if anyone of you all happens to be coming thru Ozona on Saturday, just stop on by and join in.

Hey, I know that my spelling isn't the greatest but Hey, I was a grunt. LOL.
    I don't know if I will be up here for a few days. I will be recovering. Thanks,

NEWB

Good job, Chris. Welcome home. You did good.

NEWB

Hell forget the spelling.....We got what you mean....

Welcome Home

Sempers,

Roger

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Wow. Osona, Texas! Haven't heard that community mentioned in a long time. I passed through there in the late 70's.
    I hope that you all have a rip-roaring good time and count your blessings at the same time (before, during or after the beer...it doesn't matter). Good news is always good to hear. Thanks for sharing.
    Gary (osotogary)

where in the heck is Ozona, Tx

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sgt Sostand,
    Ozona, Texas is located right along Highway 10 just west of Sonora, Texas. If you are heading east through Texas, on Highway 10, you'd be heading in the right direction if you passed Fort Stockton, Bakersfield, Sheffield and Ft. Lancaster State Park.
    Gary (osotogary)

Smile

Well he used to ask you about the Corps...Now it is your turn to ask Chris about the Corps...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    wheres Texas ???
    somewhere in southwest montana ???

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    We stole Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California from the Mexicans. The latest census suggests to me that they got it back.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    TEXAS????HELL EVERBODY KNOWS ITS IN DA HILLS OF OREGON!!!!!!!!! SEMPER FI,,,,,,,MARINE,,,,,,,,,, JOB WELL DONE,GOD BLESS YALL from oregon

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Isn't that somewhere in the southeastern cornor of Oregon, way south of Ontario and east of the Steens?

semper fi,
    jchristin

Not likely young lady.
    Good job NEWB!! Glad to hear he's back safely. & don't give anyone else directions to Texas.
    1. We got enough 'foreigners' here already.(even tho we're actually foreigners ourselves)
    2. If they can't find something as big as Texas, they already have more problems than they can handle.

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Smile greybeard

I'm with your views...."Deep in the Heart of TEXAS"....Yeeeeee-Haaaaaaw!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wow, free food and free beer. What Marine can turn down that offer??? I am glad to hear that another proud Marine has returned home safely and is able to be welcomed back in an appropriate fashion. My best wishes for his continued success and safety as his serves his country wearing the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

SIXGUNS

Thread Information