Re-Enlistment Question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I had considered doing that before he mentioned it, but I realized if I got caught id be in even deeper sht, it just isnt worth it.

yes and no its bad advice. You have to know how to play the system. I know FIRST hand how in depth the security checks are and what kind of backgrounds they can pull and what it shows. It pays to have friends in VERY high places. Like I said I have seen what I described done MORE than once and it works. I have seen what happens when it doesnt work and its just a DQ, nothing legal. Same with a fraudulent enlistment in the corps when they catch you at boot. You just get booted. I have seen someone enlist in navy under their brothers SSI and personal info and he wasnt discovered until 2 years later and just got seperated with an OTH and an RE4.

Yes I agree to take some shrapnel from this but I for one know how jacked up the system is and I think sometimes its ok to work around it.

Either way Rain just grow up and hold your head high, just because you have an oth and re 4 doesnt mean squat. Hell getting a dishonorable doesnt mean anything. Civilian employment checks National and local FBI Data and backgrounds. If you do not tell them you were in they will never know. Even OPM background investigations do not pull it unless they were interviewing a neighbor who knew you as a Marine they would then check into it by the same records request that you and all of us can do.

Try to get a job as TSA or Border Patrol ( One of my friends who is an agent got a BC discharge from the corps for Drugs/attemtping to distribute is now a border patrol agent and is super sqaured away), great careers and serving your country. Im not telling you to do what I am saying but I know it works first hand. Either way Marine square yourself away and use your training to build a solid and productive life.

Go to usajobs.gov the only downfall to not claiming military service is you do not get and veterans preferance but sh$t happens, good luck to you

Credits
    Savings
    motox: Just curious-honestly-but how did you go about getting the 0331 MOS? I'm sure it can be done, but I'm sure there are plenty here who would be interested in doing something similar....

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    WELL.........GO ARMY!!.....The army will probably make you a 2nd Lt. and make you a Company Commander!!.....

Rains,
    It really boils down to this. You bought and paid for the RE4 code by your actions. Don't screw up even more now by adding fraud to the list. You earned the title US Marine. Be proud of that fact and live your life. Hold your head high and do what Marines have been doing since we were founded. Focus on taking care of business but this time in the civilian world. Find a job, be a productive citizen, and keep your nose clean.

Credits
    Savings
    Rains, yes you earned the title, BUT, can you proudly stand in your red USMC cap at a parade and say, I am a Marine, but got an OTH after only a few months in?

Someone that really didn't even have a BD, as they were in for such a short period of time?

I hope other pooless and wannabees read this. As I recall, you were one of the whiners that would come on here and ask asinine questions, looking for the answers you wanted, and if you did not get them, you would ***** and moan, to the point of major complaining.

Why you even said that Marines should not be in the wading pool. So they were booted.

THEN, you and the young shower shoe padawans had no one to really get the straight scoop from.

YES, there were hard times given on this site, but I daresay it was a lot less than the hard times you received in boot camp.

You were 18. Illegal and underage to drink. You were smart, wanted to join in with the big boys and show them you were now a man and could handle your life. You popped hot on a whiz quiz.

Did the Marines that were giving you so much **** teach you that, or did you learn it on your own.

Sorry Rains, but as far as I am concerned, you don't deserve to wear the EGA.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Rains, yes you earned the title, BUT, can you proudly stand in your red USMC cap at a parade and say, I am a Marine, but got an OTH after only a few months in?

Someone that really didn't even have a BD, as they were in for such a short period of time?

I hope other pooless and wannabees read this. As I recall, you were one of the whiners that would come on here and ask asinine questions, looking for the answers you wanted, and if you did not get them, you would ***** and moan, to the point of major complaining.

Why you even said that Marines should not be in the wading pool. So they were booted.

THEN, you and the young shower shoe padawans had no one to really get the straight scoop from.

YES, there were hard times given on this site, but I daresay it was a lot less than the hard times you received in boot camp.

You were 18. Illegal and underage to drink. You were smart, wanted to join in with the big boys and show them you were now a man and could handle your life. You popped hot on a whiz quiz.

Did the Marines that were giving you so much **** teach you that, or did you learn it on your own.

Sorry Rains, but as far as I am concerned, you don't deserve to wear the EGA.

No, you are right, I cannot proudly say I am a Marine, infact I dont even tell people I was a Marine unless they ask me about it.
    As for being one of the "whiners".... with all due respect you are mistaken, I have always taken the sht thats thrown at me an not complained.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rains View Post
    No, you are right, I cannot proudly say I am a Marine, infact I dont even tell people I was a Marine unless they ask me about it.
    As for being one of the "whiners".... with all due respect you are mistaken, I have always taken the sht thats thrown at me an not complained.
    First, why would anyone even ask, you, an 18yo, if you were in the Marines? Where would they get that idea?

Second, since you chose to not like the comment I made, re; 'whiner', I will let others with better memories answer.

I've been out of the Corps for 7-8 years. I havent once been asked to provide a DD-214 at the point of hiring. I always had a copy available. They would pick it up, look at it for 2 seconds and hand it back. I've had the benefit of having a few civilian years under my belt now. My advice, go to school or get a job (or both). Youre at a crucial point in your life. Ive seen too many 18-21 yr olds lately with no purpose in their lives.

Rains, our lot in life isn't determined by one mistake we've made. They ARE shaped by how we recover and press on afterwards. I think most people have a moment in their lives where they stop and say "HOLY **** WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" People fvck up, plain and simple. Take your lumps, be a man and get on with your life. There is life after the Marine Corps. You are a Marine, and no one can take that from you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by fishcraze View Post
    I've been out of the Corps for 7-8 years. I havent once been asked to provide a DD-214 at the point of hiring. I always had a copy available. They would pick it up, look at it for 2 seconds and hand it back. I've had the benefit of having a few civilian years under my belt now. My advice, go to school or get a job (or both). Youre at a crucial point in your life. Ive seen too many 18-21 yr olds lately with no purpose in their lives.
    Best advice here

Most employers won't ever ask if you were in the military due to your age. Get a job, go to school or both as mentioned. I suggest get a job and get some employment under your belt so next time you drop a resume or apply for a job there won't be much of a gap to ask about military service

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I realize I fkd up big time, and I regret it to no end, I love the Marine Corps.
    Thank you all for the help you gave me when I was still a Poolee, all that info i got off this site helped me out big time, but looks like its over for good now.
    Rains,

You were a motivated poolee....aggravating...but motivated.

I can understand the alcohol....but failing on the whizz test is a little hard to fathom.

You can try this URL and follow the directions for a discharge upgrade.

http://www.donhq.navy.mil/bcnr/bcnr.htm

I would think even if your discharge was upgraded ....no military service would accept you back in.

Move on with your life and learn from this expeirence...

Good luck in your future endeavors.....and keep your nose clean!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Rains

You've received some good advice. Take it and square your shoulders and dig deep inside to find what I think you have lost, the fire you once had to be part of the Corps.

Life isn't a sprint it's a marathon. It's not how you start off but how you finish. Get as much education as you can, stay away from bad influences of all types

Best of luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Rains,

You can try this URL and follow the directions for a discharge upgrade.

http://www.donhq.navy.mil/bcnr/bcnr.htm

Good luck in your future endeavors.....and keep your nose clean!
    Thank you and aye aye staff sergeant.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Rains

You've received some good advice. Take it and square your shoulders and dig deep inside to find what I think you have lost, the fire you once had to be part of the Corps.

Life isn't a sprint it's a marathon. It's not how you start off but how you finish. Get as much education as you can, stay away from bad influences of all types

Best of luck to you

I am trying to get into the culinary institute of america right now, I have no plans on letting this ruin my future, as for my fire to be part of the Corps, I still have that motivation,,, very much so.

Again, thank you for all the mentoring Gentlemen.

Thread Information