Re-Enlistment Question - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Rains View Post
    Thank you for the answers Gentlemen.
    I realize I fkd up big time, and I regret it to no end, I love the Marine Corps.
    Thank you all for the help you gave me when I was still a Poolee, all that info i got off this site helped me out big time, but looks like its over for good now.

Look yes I'll admit what he did was wrong, however what else have some of you marines done that you KNOW YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN BURNED for? You can't sit there and tell me nothing. I got NJP'd a year and 3 months before my EAS. I'm currently a PFC with 3.5 years time in grade and trying to re-enlist. I got NJP'd for being UA for 5 hours while I was still on leave. I was set to return on a Saturday. My TAD command changed my return date to that Friday and No one called me until 1700 Friday evening. The CO stated that it was my responsibility to check my MOL for changes. So I put in my re-enlistment package 2 weeks before they were accepting packages(so July 1st 2010) and my package is still sitting on the Sgt Maj's desk So for about a month it's ben sitting there for no reason. I pick up LCPL again next month, but someone said they were waiting for me to pick up LCPL. However, there are no maradmins nor orders on whether a PFC can not re-enlist. So I'm up in the air as well.

If you are a PFC then why does your avatar show you as a Corporal?

I find it hard to believe that you were busted from Cpl to Pfc just for being 5hrs late. Something more going on here.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by terran1996 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you were busted from Cpl to Pfc just for being 5hrs late. Something more going on here.
    Ditto. I'm dying to hear the explanation once those extra crossed rifles and chevron disappear

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Punishments at a Battalion Level NJP are limited to the below, but they can be used against you by your command in the Administrative Separation process afterwords or later on if you continue to get in trouble to show a pattern of misconduct.

BN Level NJP Punishments:

Forfeiture of 1/2 pay for up to 2 months.
    EPD and Restriction for up to 45 days or 60 days Restriction.
    Loss of one rank (Sergeant/E-5 below).
    And if available at some bases Correctional Custody for 14 days.

Hard to believe you were given a court martial for five hours UA...and this is as much as can be taken away without a court martial.

I agree with the Sgt.....something else is in the wire.

The Corps is tightening down on everything now since there are waiting lists and stuff to get in. Granted Cpl to PFC never heard of it for something like that.

Thread Information