Ways to Dramatically Improve your IST Scores - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Yeah screw everyone else the brotherhood starts as poolees

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac73 View Post
    Yeah screw everyone else the brotherhood starts as poolees
    I TOTALLY agree !

I was going to say brotherhood/ sisterhood but i didn't want it to sound like we are all girls. Any girl willing to join the Marines is apart of the brother hood and just as bada**

OK, back on topic before my little brotherhood comment derails this thread lol. We are not here for "brotherhood" we are in this thread for "PT!" :P

There is no gender in the Marine Corps only MARINES!

Haha ALRIGHT! I have a 300 yard Shuttle today for football. Gotta get it in under 59 seconds twice

Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellinheim View Post
    There is no gender in the Marine Corps only MARINES!
    I lol'd

You think I am playing about this. Have you ever watched the reaction a Marine has around civilian women vs. Marine women? There are certain things that tend to occur... I believe the phrase was put to me four years ago... "she is not a woman, she is a MARINE!" /shrugs.

I have to stop myself here... STOP DERAILING THREAD! Pullups anyone?

I can do 13 chin ups. Is there any trick for doing more? Like...doing them faster or something

P.S.: no I didn't think you were joking, i was laughing at how awesome that quote is

Honestly, the best thing to do is just as it sounds is to get on the bar. There are several work out programs for that listed on this site already. Read page three of this thread.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just remember, when taking the IST or PFT, it is NOT a workout. Meaning don't lower yourself down when doing the crunches, just drop, also a tip I learned from my recruiter, look at the person counting, and keep your eyes on their forehead, so when you go up you kind of pop your head forward at the same time. For the pull-ups/chin-ups just DROP when you go up, no need to waste energy lowering yourself, and it will make sure you got a full dead-hang before beginning...nothing like miscounting a pull-up because you didnt fully extend your arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac73 View Post
    I was going to say brotherhood/ sisterhood but i didn't want it to sound like we are all girls. Any girl willing to join the Marines is apart of the brother hood and just as bada**
    LOL , yea thats a little bit better! and thats right there is no male or female, just Marines

I hate that.

There's a dummy in my platoon who did his IST, and just would not freakin' go down all the way. The recruiters counted like 6 or 7 half drops

Yeah that supposedly happened to me on my last IST which is why my count is still at 9 on record. I was like WHISKEY FOXTROT TANGO! I sooo felt my bones touch lol. You do not argue with Gunny, 'specially when MSGT is there from HQ for qualifications.

Thread Information