Boots and Utes DEP workout
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Boots and Utes DEP workout

Yesterday my recruiter asked us to wear boots and whatever we had for "utes" to PT. We did a regular combat fitness test, supplemented with a hard workout. I must say it was harder than doing PT in running shoes and shorts. Have any of you tried this with your recruiters yet? If not, do you intend to? What's your take on it?

I wish we did cool stuff like that at our pool functions :|

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    There's a USMC confidence course at the local Navy base that we "utilize" every once and a while. Our recruiter is a really great one. He lives the title Marine and I feel proud just to be in his presence and to be able to have his help to prepare for boot camp. Yesterday he made us do a "casualty pull" where two poolees pulled a "wounded Marine" from the low crawl position for 50 meters. That with boots in wet grass was tough but with his "encouragement" we got it done. If you haven't tried the boots thing, you should. Puts a totally different perspective on PT.

Quote Originally Posted by megs View Post
    There's a USMC confidence course at the local Navy base that we "utilize" every once and a while. Our recruiter is a really great one. He lives the title Marine and I feel proud just to be in his presence and to be able to have his help to prepare for boot camp. Yesterday he made us do a "casualty pull" where two poolees pulled a "wounded Marine" from the low crawl position for 50 meters. That with boots in wet grass was tough but with his "encouragement" we got it done. If you haven't tried the boots thing, you should. Puts a totally different perspective on PT.
    Did you guys go to Bremerton or Oak Harbor for this? I want to try to talk my recruiter into it... as long as it isn't too far from Seattle.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jburke1983 View Post
    Did you guys go to Bremerton or Oak Harbor for this? I want to try to talk my recruiter into it... as long as it isn't too far from Seattle.
    Bremerton. Ask your recruiter to do it. It's sooo worth it.

Thread Information