Need a little Help
Create Post

Question Need a little Help

Semper Fi All...

I recently met a Marine who did two tours and is now back in the US. He has a BA in Spanish, and grew up for part of his life in Mexico.

I am having trouble processing some of the information about what he currently does for his work.

He indicated that he works on assignments that involves working with At Risk Youth.

He is not able to discuss where, when or for whom he works. He is extremely careful about giving his contact information about where is currently located.

Are there jobs out there that would fit this type of description? I don't want to be naive, nor do I want to assume anything. Any sort of advice, or questions that I could ask him to help me understand this situation would be very mch appreciated.

Thanks!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FireintheFens View Post
    Semper Fi All...

I recently met a Marine who did two tours and is now back in the US. He has a BA in Spanish, and grew up for part of his life in Mexico.

I am having trouble processing some of the information about what he currently does for his work.

He indicated that he works on assignments that involves working with At Risk Youth.

He is not able to discuss where, when or for whom he works. He is extremely careful about giving his contact information about where is currently located.

Are there jobs out there that would fit this type of description? I don't want to be naive, nor do I want to assume anything. Any sort of advice, or questions that I could ask him to help me understand this situation would be very mch appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sure, but 1st, who the **** are you and why do want this info?

He's expressed a romantic interest in me. So far, he seems like a great guy, but I have no experience with this type of situation.

I don't need specific details...I just don't want to get burned.

what did he do in the Corps? and not being able to tell where when or anything is wierd

He was a tank mechanic first

Then he went back for a 2nd tour and did a Special Ops Assignment. (don't know the details, except that he was in Afghanistan)

from tank mech to spec ops? a little more fishy. if he was a tank mechanic then he could probably get a contractor job here in SD they have bradleys come in and the contractors armor them up. but from mech to spec ops is really odd, and playing devil's advocate posers always choose to be spec ops that "cant be verified because of national security reasons". however if you would like there is a way to verify he is telling the truth about his service, again playing devils advocate

Thanks for your help. That would be helpful...how does one go about verifying this?

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

This website has the form and where to mail it to as it is the official center. you will file it under the Freedom Of Information Act. Again playing devils advocate but sometimes it has to be done. Its just odd about his service and he cant even tell you about his current work even though it seems like a community outreach program

thank you for your help.

I hate to seem like a skeptic, or to think that someone would impersonate a Marine...but there are a lot of crazy folks out there. Have a Great 4th!!

thank you you too.

Quote Originally Posted by FireintheFens View Post
    He was a tank mechanic first

Then he went back for a 2nd tour and did a Special Ops Assignment. (don't know the details, except that he was in Afghanistan)

My guess is that he is lying. I am betting that Tank Mechanic line is total bs.

That was more than likely his spec ops cover

I have a recon friend that used to tell people he was a Marine Corps cook. So there is precedence for this type of deception.

Well he could have been in Intel, but they don't let them guys out in public much.
    Is he out of service now? He might be with US Marshall's, CIA, FBI. You would be surprised at how many at just around the area.

And he could be a bull SH##er.
    Check out through WXSgt site. You may never know if you don't check it out

Thread Information