Desert Cami inspection coming up.
Create Post

Desert Cami inspection coming up.

im having a desert cami inspection soon and i was wondering on any tricks to make my uniform imaculate. (sleeves cover etc)

Heck, I didn't think those uniforms had to be pressed. I know you ain't supposed to starch 'em.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    lol......just be sure they are serviceable, no ip's, everything is properly marked, your MCMAP belt is cut properly.

I assume by being at Pensacola you are at MOS school and by that they are doing this inspection just to be sure you are doing your laundry and staying squared away. Don't sweat it to much, just have a clean shave, haircut, and be presentable.

Marine Free Member 2ndLAADBnWRENCH's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Follow current MCR on uniform wearing of the desert camo utilities unless the unit commander authorizes certain things personally etc...See a crusty NCO in your UNIT to be on top of the inpection ranther than in the head with a tooth brush after the inspection. Just my 2 cents!!!

Measure your chevrons correctly. That usually gets a lot of people.

And make sure everything is marked. Pretty retarded given that my name is plastered right on the ass of my trousers and on my chest but that little piece of white tape somehow makes all the difference.

ID in left breast pocket. I remember seeing a lot of hits for that.

You could always iron the sleeves as you fold them but I stopped doing that after boot camp. Just make sure they're the right width and distance from the elbow according to the regs. Do your best to make them even with each other.

You didnt hear this from me but Ive heard of Marines purchasing an inspection blouse one size smaller, cutting off the cuffs, paying a seamstress to sew the sleeves already rolled and then pressing the entire blouse...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbooe19 View Post
    im having a desert cami inspection soon and i was wondering on any tricks to make my uniform imaculate. (sleeves cover etc)
    That should be easy, could be worse like utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by il duce View Post
    You didnt hear this from me but Ive heard of Marines purchasing an inspection blouse one size smaller, cutting off the cuffs, paying a seamstress to sew the sleeves already rolled and then pressing the entire blouse...
    This isn't that uncommon. Guys with really big biceps have to do this a lot.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    i did this

This makes the blouse non-serviceable and you look like a moron. Is it really that hard to roll sleeves?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbooe19 View Post
    I'm having a desert cami inspection soon and i was wondering on any tricks to make my uniform imaculate. (sleeves cover etc)
    Heres something to do, wear your desert Cammie's into the desert and if he doesn't see you It looks immaculate cause he won't see you..and then you'll pass inspection too.

Thread Information