How is the Marines Aviation MOS?
Create Post

How is the Marines Aviation MOS?

Hello Marines,

I currently just came back from a appointment with my recruiter, i was initially interested in Infantry, i love guns, being with a group of guys willing to fight for eachother, and the grunts are the heart and soul of the Marine Corps. but seeing as that im not really an andrenaline junkie and when i see ground combat i can see myself **** my pants, it comes scary to me. Ive decided to looking into other MOS's where i would still be in the field, but not the one kicking in doors.

Im always been interested in the Marine Corps and helicopters, planes etc. My grandfather tells me that the airforce is for me then, but i know the Marine Corps aviation MOS is just as good as the airforce, I want to earn the title, and i would like to serve the Marine Corps ground unit in anyway i can. I just wanted to get some information on This Aviation MOS and what MOS would be the best way to support ground units etc?

I would stick with the Infantry.

Anything you do in the Marines supports everyone. Or that's what they tell you at least. I will be a 6154 finally next week when i graduate my final school. That is a Huey and Cobra Airframes mech. Pretty much keep the birds flying but we don't work on the engines, just hydraulics and flight controls and skins.

If you want to serve in a ground unit, having an aviation MOS isn't the way to go. Consider other ground MOS's besides Infantry... Engineers, Motor-T, Artillery, etc.

Thread Information