When did metal collar chevrons first see use? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Here are some Post Korean (pre crossed rifles) Cpl's...

Lep, I'm going to assume you had a finger check - - those are Sergeant Chevrons - - not Corporal!!

I, too, have both styles of pins - - screw type and clutch. Plastic chevrons must have come about after 19 FEB 60, cause I never saw or heard of plastic chevrons.

Semper Fi, Brothers and Sisters,
    Ed

Hey Ed:

Your right Bro, but Buck Sgt. was an E-4. Don't you just love it. All these years and we are still debating the USMC rank structure.

LOL. Yep.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I wore these during my enlistment, 1954-58

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I was in from 1963-1966 and I never saw plastic chevrons.

Folks, I hope this is the right thread - - if now, perhaps it can find the approptiate home.

My friend found this Service Song Book in his uncles foot locker. The uncle, if he where still alive, would be approx 100 years old. He does not know if his uncle served in WWI or WW II or served at all.

The book has NO publication info - none - -nada. It is 92 pages long and the cover is olive brown. The cover appears to be a soft canvas.

Historians, help me out or please point me in the direction to seek help. I googled Service Song Book, but found nothing that resembles this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Song Book 002.jpg‎
Views:	148
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	8742  

The index is in the back, this is page 92, and looks like this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Song Book 001.jpg‎
Views:	144
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	8743  

I suppose this should have had a "new" heading/thread under Uniform U, but don't know how to do it. Some one wanna bail this oooold fart out?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksgted View Post
    Folks, I hope this is the right thread - - if now, perhaps it can find the approptiate home.

My friend found this Service Song Book in his uncles foot locker. The uncle, if he where still alive, would be approx 100 years old. He does not know if his uncle served in WWI or WW II or served at all.

The book has NO publication info - none - -nada. It is 92 pages long and the cover is olive brown. The cover appears to be a soft canvas.

Historians, help me out or please point me in the direction to seek help. I googled Service Song Book, but found nothing that resembles this.
    I just got the following from a Retired CWO IV;

1917 WW I
    The Service Song Book
    (Abridged)

Prepard by the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Associations for the Men of Army & Navy

Two-Hundreth Thousand
    92 pages

Publication Year: 1906

The picture Frank posted with the above notes, is identical to the pics I posted. I'm still waiting for the source of his info, but I don't doubt it's accuracy!

Yep, a very common article from WWI, issued to just about every servicemember in WWI.

Alas, I can't make this into a different thread. If you want to repost the info and make a new one, though, feel free!

Thread Information