Question about rank.
Create Post

Question about rank.

Hello Marines,

I've got a couple of questions.

-Is there a rule against a female being a Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps?

-Have you ever seen/heard of a female Master Gunnery Sergeant? If not, what is the highest rank that a female has held in the Marine Corps?

I know I might seem like I'm thinking to far ahead or that this is very ambitious of me. There's a chinese proverb that says "Aim for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars"

Thanks for any help provided, Marines.

I know several female Marine MGySgts and SgtsMaj.

Here's a good one for qustions about rank. My S/DI was an Act/Gyst., any of you old salts rememer that?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No there has never been a female Sgt Major of the Marine Corps. There is no rule against it though. There have been several woman generals. I believe the 1st woman promoted to general was General Mutter. She was actually in charge of MCRD for a while. Here in Stuttgart we have General Garret.

That is actually a trivia question often asked.
    What is the only rank insignia currently in the supply system and authorized for wear that has never been worn? Answer: The female Sgt Major of the Marine Corps rank insignia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    That is actually a trivia question often asked.
    What is the only rank insignia currently in the supply system and authorized for wear that has never been worn? Answer: The female Sgt Major of the Marine Corps rank insignia.
    That's pretty interesting,Is it the same insignia just scaled down differently??

Quote Originally Posted by LilRingo View Post
    Hello Marines,

I've got a couple of questions.

-Is there a rule against a female being a Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps?

-Have you ever seen/heard of a female Master Gunnery Sergeant? If not, what is the highest rank that a female has held in the Marine Corps?

I know I might seem like I'm thinking to far ahead or that this is very ambitious of me. There's a chinese proverb that says "Aim for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars"

Thanks for any help provided, Marines.
    You be our first WM Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps!!

Thread Information